For drum machine lovers/haters....

M

Mongoose

I use acoustica beat craft and write parts I cannot yet play. Gives me something side to learn.

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's funny
Yeah...you got/get it!!!!
Maybe I'll amass a few more and start a cheesy music thread....
I don't get the Led Greta reference...but then maybe I should go and listen to them some more but I don't think they can headbang like these folks.....
bt

TonyVazquez

Reaction score
One of Fear Factory's cassette demos from 1991 features
a few songs that would later turn up in future FF albums.
"FEAR FACTORY Demo 1991" was known as the John Fenton sessions,
named after the producer of this recording.

This demo was recorded with an Alesis-SR16 drum machine,
meanwhile (then) drummer Ray Herrera was recovering from
a motorcycle accident in which he scraped his hands.

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And for the ultimate drum programming there's always Mr. Scott Hull, the mastermind behind Agoraphobic Nosebleed.
I'll leave a wiki link here and if folks are interested they can check out the you toob stuff, as a lot of folks can be quite affronted, shall we say. This is a family forum after all....and this stuff ain't for everybody.

I initially was intrigued by his concepts and complaints about drummers being too slow and not being able to play at a couple of thousand bpm's, plus an 3" cd with 100 songs in under 22 minutes!!! Yowee!!!!
As I quite enjoy using quasi abstract math in rhythm making/programming plus a love of extreme music's, I was blown away upon hearing this and still am.
bt

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figure that if you're going to get machines to make music why not push the machines to their limits, make 'em go b@tsh@t crazy!
That was freaking GREAT! (No sarcasm — it really was!)

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That was freaking GREAT! (No sarcasm — it really was!)
Brings me back to the early 2000's when I was in Montreal. When I'd enter my closest Metro (subway) station I'd go down these huge escalator tunnels, deep into the abyss, with this kind of music blaring through my headphones. You might enjoy this too:
(the 1st tune actually starts after the 3 minute mark)