For Sale: 1966 Slingerland Champagne Sparkle drum set - easy project

Big Beat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For sale: 1966 Slingerland Champagne Sparkle drum set. This was a restoration project that I need to let go to fund some holiday shopping. The hard work is all done, now it just needs some parts to complete. I can easily finish it, but then it will cost more. Do it yourself and get a nice set for less - a cool holiday present for yourself.

Sizes are 20-16-13, the classic Gene Krupa outfit. Bass and floor tom have always been together and both are stamped 1966. The 13" is a few years older, stamped 1962. Other than that, it is a very good match. Wrap is all original. It has some fade and a few minor scuffs and dings, but is otherwise clean and tight. Shells are very solid, no extra holes anywhere. Chrome has some wear and minor pitting in places. Some wear on the edges (it has obviously lived through a 1970s concert tom phase). These drums were badly neglected before I acquired them, but I did my best to bring them back. It is now a pretty nice set, and you can always detail it further if you wish.

What's there:
- nice solid shells
- clean original wrap
- all lugs
- all mounts
- complete consolette tomholder
- one original bass hoop

What's missing:
- all rims and one bass hoop
- all tension rods and claws
- bass spurs
- floor tom legs
- mufflers
- wingnuts
- heads

Offered here first before they go on eBay. Asking $700 INCLUDING SHIPPING anywhere in USA.

Slingy1.jpg

Slingy2.jpg

Slingy4.jpg

Slingy24.jpg

Slingy25.jpg

Slingy2.jpg

Slingy26.jpg

Slingy24.jpg

Slingy7.jpg

Slingy23.jpg

Slingy6.jpg

Last edited: