For Sale Sonor Hilite Exclusive 8-piece drum set with Hardware and Extras $7500

storsav

Reaction score
For Sale Sonor Hilite Exclusive 8-piece drum set with Hardware and Extras

Full Photo Album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWgc1Aw

Time to sell my super rare Sonor HE drums. Sizes (diameter x depth): 8x8, 10x9, 12x10, 13x11, 14x15, 16x17, 22x17, 14x7. Drums are finished in black lacquer with all copper-plated hardware. Stunning finish as played by Jack DeJohnette, Will Calhoun, Steve Smith, and on. Shell make up is maple. Details on build and features can be found here: http://www.sonormuseum.com/1990/hilite/hiliteexclusive.html

Condition is VG to Excellent all around. Some of the hardware has some wear, but most of the hardware on the actual drums is exceptionally clean. The 8 tom was a bit rougher than the others and needed some light paint work repair and new bearing edges. The 14 and 16 floor toms have a little light paint repair also. All very well done and barely noticeable. The shells themselves are all great shape with bearing edges nearly perfect. I can find one or two tiny imperfections here and there. I can take detailed photos of the bearing edges and any other areas at buyer’s request.

The drums have brand new heads top and bottom Ebony Ambassador bottom, Ebony Emperor top (except snare has original reso and Puresound wires, bass drum reso is older). The hardware included is: 6 floor tom legs, bass drum double tom holder, 5 tom arms, 2 double tom/cymbal stands, 3 single cymbal stands, snare stand, hihat stand with proper clutch, NOS single tom holder, 7 cymbal arms, 2 prism clamps (add to the double tom/cymbal stands to make triple), double tom/cymbal stand upper section, single cymbal stand middle section, boom arm section, 1 ratcheting tilter (for use with boom arm to convert single cymbal stand), 1 ratcheting extender, NOS external muffler, 1 tom mount with plate, 8 tension rods 55mm, 3 tension rods 35mm, 2 tom hoops 10” drum, 1 tom hoop 13”, 1 tom hoop 14” 8 hole.

Also, Beato Pro1 bags for all the drums except the 8 (Ahead bag) and 13 (Drumslinger).

There’s a lot here! Collecting these drums and hardware has been an obsession for years. It is not easy to find the parts, hardware, or drums. When is the last time you’ve see a set like this for sale? And at a reasonable price? Considering the rarity, quality, sound, and look of these drums $7500 is a very fair price. Willing to drive to meet buyer as shipping is likely to be expensive but definitely possible.

HEDrumsWatermark.JPG

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
(I forgot it was a For sale ad)
so your not gonna make comments like this:

“who wants those sizes used.
Bet the one who does doesn't have the money you'd ask

Get rid of them 1st chance possible
ain't nobody carrying those sizes to the Freedom Park or the Sidewalk performance

Mullet sized drum Days are over,”

I chatted with Sav after this went up and bet you would be first in the door with something negative.

you never fail to disappoint

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For Sale Sonor Hilite Exclusive 8-piece drum set with Hardware and Extras

Full Photo Album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWgc1Aw

Time to sell my super rare Sonor HE drums. Sizes (diameter x depth): 8x8, 10x9, 12x10, 13x11, 14x15, 16x17, 22x17, 14x7. Drums are finished in black lacquer with all copper-plated hardware. Stunning finish as played by Jack DeJohnette, Will Calhoun, Steve Smith, and on. Shell make up is maple. Details on build and features can be found here: http://www.sonormuseum.com/1990/hilite/hiliteexclusive.html

Condition is VG to Excellent all around. Some of the hardware has some wear, but most of the hardware on the actual drums is exceptionally clean. The 8 tom was a bit rougher than the others and needed some light paint work repair and new bearing edges. The 14 and 16 floor toms have a little light paint repair also. All very well done and barely noticeable. The shells themselves are all great shape with bearing edges nearly perfect. I can find one or two tiny imperfections here and there. I can take detailed photos of the bearing edges and any other areas at buyer’s request.

The drums have brand new heads top and bottom Ebony Ambassador bottom, Ebony Emperor top (except snare has original reso and Puresound wires, bass drum reso is older). The hardware included is: 6 floor tom legs, bass drum double tom holder, 5 tom arms, 2 double tom/cymbal stands, 3 single cymbal stands, snare stand, hihat stand with proper clutch, NOS single tom holder, 7 cymbal arms, 2 prism clamps (add to the double tom/cymbal stands to make triple), double tom/cymbal stand upper section, single cymbal stand middle section, boom arm section, 1 ratcheting tilter (for use with boom arm to convert single cymbal stand), 1 ratcheting extender, NOS external muffler, 1 tom mount with plate, 8 tension rods 55mm, 3 tension rods 35mm, 2 tom hoops 10” drum, 1 tom hoop 13”, 1 tom hoop 14” 8 hole.

Also, Beato Pro1 bags for all the drums except the 8 (Ahead bag) and 13 (Drumslinger).

There’s a lot here! Collecting these drums and hardware has been an obsession for years. It is not easy to find the parts, hardware, or drums. When is the last time you’ve see a set like this for sale? And at a reasonable price? Considering the rarity, quality, sound, and look of these drums $7500 is a very fair price. Willing to drive to meet buyer as shipping is likely to be expensive but definitely possible.

View attachment 510731
WOW! Gorgeous! Stunningly over-engineered, over-designed hardware, and I mean that in a good way. Just what you’d expect from top-of-line Sonors.

T_Weaves

Reaction score
That is some piece of kit! I can't imagine there isn't some Sonor nut out there that wouldn't want that. I don't have that kind of scrilla.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That kit is a work of art! Sonor really had an eye for making a beautiful kit back when those were made. Their new kits are nice too, but that’s another level.

Another kit that I “would if I could.” There have been a few nice Sonors on here lately.

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is one of those times when I wish I was afflicted with the condition of cash ejecting from bodily orifices.

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This kit is bringing me back to my childhood, when I first started playing, dreaming of owning a kit like this when looking at the Sonor Catalog after school.

I am the guy that would go cross country for this kit. Alas...dreams are exactly what they are. GLWS