FOR SALE: Spizzichino 22" Kenny Washington Ride SOLD!

JR Richley

Reaction score
Roberto Spizzichino 22" Kenny Washington Ride Cymbal

This cymbal (formerly owned by Doc Polis) is in excellent condition with no dents, cracks, keyholing or issues of any kind. This is one of the 4 actual prototypes that was presented to Kenny after he commissioned Roberto to replicate, as close as possible, his cracked 22" K. This cymbal was factory drilled for 3 rivets. One rivet was installed for the recording of the sound file below. Weight is 2480 grams.

Cost: $825.00

Shipping is a flat $25.00 (insurance included) to the lower 48 United States. Shipping to other areas is available, based on your geographic location. Please contact me for a shipping quote. Payment methods include PayPal, Cashier's Check or Postal Money Order

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT: drumfinder@ameritech.net

SOUND FILE OF THIS CYMBAL: http://www.supload.c...718VGX4GDI.html

BOTTOM

old_K_ride

DFO Master
Reaction score
Re: FOR SALE: Spizzichino 22" Kenny Washington Ride Cymbal

I heard and "test drove" a 22" KW Spizz @ Lee Ruff's booth @ The Chicago Show.
It is,without question,the best sounding,smoothest sounding cymbal I've heard in a very long time.I think Lee was selling this model,based on the Euro, for around $920-970.

Ya want that "buttery" K sound? This is it.
TR
(an unsolicited endorsement :lol: )

JR Richley

Reaction score

Thanks TR!

This cymbal really is a lifetime keeper for someone. I strongly recommend it! :D

4164SB

DFO Master
Reaction score

JR Richley said:
Thanks TR!

This cymbal really is a lifetime keeper for someone. I strongly recommend it! :D
But not a "lifetime keeper" for you or Polis? :dontknow:

JR Richley

Reaction score

Well, i have a fair amount of Spizzichino cymbals, considering the healthy $$ investment that they are. I have a 24", two 22"'s and one 20" Spizz ride, a 19.75" and 18" Spizz crash/rides, and a set of 14 Spizz hats. i decided i wanted to narrow it down to one 22" ride, and the other ride i have ( a 22" 2450gr turkish alloy) bended much better withthe rest of my cymbals than the KW. It makes more sense for me to sell one pie than try to rebuild an entire set around the 22" KW ride. The KW is a fantastic cymbal, but blending wise, it was the odd man out amongst the Spizzes i currerntly own. Polis has some Spizzes that blend great with this KW, but he wasn't selling them.

It's just easier this way, and alot less stressful :)

Dig?

Izual

Reaction score

I've got one like this that's 2400g and it's almost surreal how it sounds, I took out the split brass rivets it came with and put in some lighter pop rivets and it sounds like a breeze blowing through the trees. mine's not one of the four prototypes, but these KWs are really amazing. just... :shock:

Pickinator

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

-Just my opinion folks, but I like to hear a cymbal I'm about to buy. $825 for something unseen and unheard? I won't even do that for an old K much less a boutique brand.

I mean no offense but I have to hear it. For $825 (+ deal with rivet holes) it had better sound like magic to my ears; not someone else's opinion of magic.

For the record, I like 24s and 20s but have never really cared for 22s. I have an A Zildjian 22 and it is my least favorite cymbal (kind of a crash/gong).

Good luck on the sale.

JR Richley

Reaction score

There is a sound file for the cymbal, and the link is posted right on the cymbal sale ad. It's right there under "please contact me directly at..." line of the ad.

I mean no offense, but i hate to sell cymbals to someone who doesn't completely read my for sale ad, and listen to the sound file that i took the time (and went to a real professional recording studio and paid $$ for) to make. That's just my opinion folks :)

Below is the link to the sound file of the Spizzichino 22" KW ride...again.:
http://www.supload.c...usic/Spizzichin ... X4GDI.html

All in good fun :)

Lee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

I'm gonna make a leap of faith here (no pun intended) and estimate that you used a woodtip stick on the cymbal for the soundfile? It has that soft "spalt" on the ride to me.

Sorry, it doesn't sound as good as my K Conny or even my Paiste 22" Signature.

Guess I will have to stick with less exotic... :blackeye:

It is a pretty looking cymbal, though...

nostaticatall

Reaction score

Not quite sure what the purpose is of the latently "negative" comments about the Spizz.

Your Paiste Sig. "better" than this Spizz. That's sick. And for the other one, the sound file link is in bold.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score

Just a reminder for a couple of you - merely reading the ad (and in the case of one of you) listening to the soundfile does not in any way obligate you to purchase the cymbal. So just relax. We don't need to hear how much you're not interested in it.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score

Tough room JR :naka:
After a few very heated discissions here a couple yrs ago, I barely mention the S word
Good luck on the sale

Cymbalist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Why would you come onto somebody's post and diss the cymbal they are marketing? If you are not interested, or if the cymbal is not your particular cup of tea, why say anything at all? I'm somewhat mystified....

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score

IMHO we shouldn't have any comments in the sale sections unless your asking about the product itself, there's plenty of room for biased opinions on the rest of the forum.

Reother

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

That is a truly beautiful ride cymbal. I am sure whoever gets it will be happy.

JR Richley

Reaction score
SOLD!

The Spizzichino KW ride is SOLD...gone, just like a train.

Thank you to those who posted favorable comments in support of this sale :)

Latest posts