For Sale: Vintage c. 1985 Pearl Professional DLX drum set

Big Beat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Vintage c. 1985 Pearl Professional DLX drum set in transparent cherry lacquer. These are very nice drums and were near the top-of-the-line in their day. I believe the shells are birch, but do your own Googling for specs. They are also quite rare, there were hundreds of Export sets sold for each one of these.

Sizes are 22", 16", 13" & 12". Drums are all original, not modified in any way, all the hoops still have the "Super Hoop" stickers. They were owned by an older professional drummer who maintained them very well, but did gig them regularly without cases, so there are plenty of scratches and "tom rash" noticeable close up. While these drums weren't preserved in mint condition and won't satisfy an obsessive nitpicker, they are still absolutely beautiful with that deep glossy finish, just look at the pics! I am the second owner and have had them for about 10 years, during which time they were far more "babied". But I need to downsize and it's time to let someone else enjoy them.

Also included is the original Pearl Professional parallel action chrome snare drum and a complete set of matched original Pearl red label hardware (boom stand, straight stand, snare stand, hi-hat and pedal) that have all been with this set since new.

Price for EVERYTHING (shell pack, snare and hardware) has now been lowered to $850 + shipping. I can also do $750 for the 5 drums MINUS the hardware (buyer of the drums gets first refusal).

p1.jpg
P2.jpg
PearlDLXset1.jpg
PearlDLXset2.jpg
PearlDLXset3.jpg
PearlDLXset4.jpg
PearlDLXset6.jpg
PearlDLXset7.jpg

Last edited:
S

skinsman

These are killer drums guys at a great price. They are in fact birch and were the top of the line offering back in the day and they stand today.
GLWS

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Power toms and the goofy pearl Tom mounts might be hurting your sale...
I'm suffering the same fate on my masters birch kit

W

wayne

You never think it will come back and cause you grief, but it always seems to. Deep toms are just to much of a hard sale, and its a shame because those are fantastic drums!

Atlantaskins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Big Beat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Figures, right? I haven't seen another set like mine in years, but as soon as I put it up for sale, there's another one listed for less :)

Honestly, somebody should grab that set on eBay, it's an absolute steal. But just because another seller prices his below value, doesn't make my price unfair. Besides, as I said, I am willing to discuss price with a serious buyer.

Cuban

Reaction score
I have a number of DLX kits, these really are great drums played by some top drummers back in the 1980s.
With out naming names, in the last few years, a few of them have contacted me to obtain a DLX for their private collection / use.

Good luck with your sale.