For the Noble & Cooley fans

Reaction score
Buckeye tree!! Jim asked one of his Amish neighbors about buckeye trees and the neighbor said his dad had a bunch of them that he wanted to get rid of so they cut atleast one down and sent green planks of it to NC and the drums were made. Only two made so far. Jim said it sounds great and will gig with it this weekend. Solid ply with rings but the rings are not buckeye.
Jim did not say, just said was not Buckeye.

huh-confused.gif

p83

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like the black one, but that ''aged'' blue is nowhere. drums get knocked around enough on their own. fake aging on instruments is lame. you have to earn your battle scars.

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I like how genuinely excited these guys were. Noble and Cooley must be a cool group of folks to work with.

For sure! A big reason I'm leaning towards ordering a N&C kit is because they really do run a family operation. I like the idea of supporting that. Plus, the gear is top notch. Happy New Year, Wes! I hope all is well with you and the family. All the best for 2022!

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For sure! A big reason I'm leaning towards ordering a N&C kit is because they really do run a family operation. I like the idea of supporting that. Plus, the gear is top notch. Happy New Year, Wes! I hope all is well with you and the family. All the best for 2022!
Hey Ryan. Thank you, and all the best to you and your family also!

Hopefully some day we can meet up again!

steambent

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep fake patina always sticks out, just like on a vehicle. You can always tell up close fake and real patina.