For those that need help posting pictures

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
You needn't hide in shame. Here are some graphics to help you get to speed.

I'm assuming you know where your pictures are located on your computer.

Each picture is labeled numerically.

Attachments

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
They are out of order, so go by the number. I guess I could've done it differently... :dontknow:

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to do this Dan. Gonna pin it for others to see. Thanks.

Mike

dimag333

DFO Master
Reaction score
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:182403]
old pic lets test

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm more confused now then ever! Just kidding. You get an 'A' for effort!
I would like to add that before posting pics you may have to resize them and please, for Pete's sake, rotate them right side up! I don't want to have to turn my laptop sideways or get a crick in my neck just to admire your Sunlucks! Thanks.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
robthetimekeeper said:
I'm more confused now then ever! Just kidding. You get an 'A' for effort!
I would like to add that before posting pics you may have to resize them and please, for Pete's sake, rotate them right side up! I don't want to have to turn my laptop sideways or get a crick in my neck just to admire your Sunlucks! Thanks.
Yes, I forgot to mention that. Also, in the Windows world, instead of re-sizing the actual file in Microsoft Office Picture manager which is how I re-size it and rotate it and enhance the pictures, I'll take a snapshot using the snipping tool. That way I'll always have a picture that is not rotated and the size will be correct for the web. BUT, I thought to get into that, it would be too much detail. But since you opened that can of worms ;-), this is what I do...

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Here's another quick rundown..

1- When you are in your reply window, click on "more reply options" at the bottom right

2-You will now see "attach files" on the left side. Under that is a button for "choose files". Click on the "choose files" button.

3-You will need to select the pic from your computer files now. Select the pic and click on open. The name of your pic file is now listed by the "choose file" button.

4-Now click on "attach this file" and it will take a few seconds to load it. When it is finished loading, you will actually see a thumbnail of the pic, You can then choose another file if desired and do the same again. If your pic took a long time and didn't load, it may be too large. I shrink mine down in the computer application called paint. It is very simple. If needed, i can explain that as well. If you get an error after trying to load, see if your pic file name has any punctuation in it. If it does, simply rename it without the punctuation and try it again. I can also explain the renaming it if needed.

5-Your pic(s) are there now and all you need to do is to click the "add reply" button for your new post to appear. Once you do this a few times, it's nothing.

I add pics here and also at Vintage Drum Forum and Cymbalholics. All three sites are different. You get used to it. If you don't want to ask specifics here, you can always message me or email me for one on one assistance. I should be able to make it work easily for you.

Members with the sideways pics...Did some research awhile back and i think this was happening with the Iphones. I simply googled it. And it told what to do on your phone to remedy it. If the pic is saved to a hard drive and is flipped. Just rotate it as needed ,save it and repost.

Hope this helps. Do NOT go without posting pics if you want pics in your topics. We can get you going. Lat resort, you can email me a pic or two and I'll post it for you. Done that before.

Mike

atomicmorganic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Since my 3.2 megapixel camera died, I have been unable to post pics anywhere except to CL and email. Resizing is just an exercise in frustration. Why I don't post any pics. Way too big a hassle.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
atomicmorganic said:
Since my 3.2 megapixel camera died, I have been unable to post pics anywhere except to CL and email. Resizing is just an exercise in frustration. Why I don't post any pics. Way too big a hassle.
If you use Windows, you can use Microsoft Picture Manager to resize or rotate. Easy peasy.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I rotate my pictures to show corset but when I upload them the DFO uploader rotates them randomly? Any advice.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Nacci said:
I rotate my pictures to show corset but when I upload them the DFO uploader rotates them randomly? Any advice.
Sorry, not from me. To ensure there's no rotation, I use another screen shot program (for Windows users, I use Snip It which is part for the OS. For Mac, I use I Image Well. Yea, it's an extra step but it works every time.) to get an image of the image.