For those that need help posting pictures

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
playon said:
Is there anyway to embed youtube videos? Or is that not possible?
Yes. Don't use the Share option on YouTube. Instead, copy and paste the long URL from your browser address window. But beware, there are many odd and sometimes scary things on the interwebs... hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I also found that if your pics from your iPhone are coming in sideways, a quick fix it to edit the pic on the phone using the crop feature. That straighten's it out posting wise.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I can only post pictures from my iPhone using the full version and NOT the mobile version. What I do is first post in the the mobile version and toggle to the full version (at the very bottom of your post BTW. Mobile version button is there too.) to post the picture when edit. Hope this helps.

Medium Size Dog

Reaction score
This has probably been answered in other posts but what's the procedure for loading pictures so they are seen in the post if you're not logged in? I mostly see the number listed and must log in to see the pictures and would like to post pictures so they are visible to those not logged in. Thanks for any help.

Tilter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Medium Size Dog said:
This has probably been answered in other posts but what's the procedure for loading pictures so they are seen in the post if you're not logged in? I mostly see the number listed and must log in to see the pictures and would like to post pictures so they are visible to those not logged in. Thanks for any help.
I don't believe the forum has an in-house way to do that. Typically though, when you use a host site such as Imgur or Flickr, the photos are viewable even when you're not logged in and thus, also visible to guests.

Medium Size Dog

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Was wondering because many posts include photos and yt link images that are visible to those not logged in and I thought there must be an easy in house way I had not found yet.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure if this will be helpful or not but...

When I uploaded iPhone pics from my pc at full size they come out "sideways".

If I resized the pics to 600 X 800 pixels and uploaded them they come out normal. No need to pre-rotate the resized pics.

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can load a picture I have in my email to go to my photos box on my Apple iPad? Then I want to post it on the ' show us your office pics' thread on here, once I can it it from email box to the photoes box I do know how to get it onto DFO. I have done this before once but can't figure it out now. Thanks, Sean.

Latest posts