Foreign car, foreign cymbals..?..

johnjssmith

Reaction score
I play Paiste but I mostly drive a japanese car.
Both look like the best options to me so... :p

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Foreign car, foreign cymbals(?()

Wondering if you Paiste players drive Euro cars? Vintage A in Chevys?

New car = new cymbals(?)
Vintage ride = vintage ride?

Subconscious or deliberate.

Consistent... Unrelated... (?)
Ford F150 and Paistes. I also have a fondness for Volvos.

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welp, I think you’ve cracked the code. Mine: Honda and Subaru cars/a strong preference for Yamaha and Canopus.

Old Drummer

Reaction score
I haven't owned a car in over 12 years (thank God and good riddance) but the retail price of my custom-made bicycle is around $5000. On stuff I care about, like cymbals and bicycles, I go for quality and defy the masses.

Though I do know that if I ran across a Mercedes 240D in decent shape at a decent price I'd buy it. Fortunately, I haven't run across one, but this is like buying an old A, just sticking with proven simple quality and extending the middle finger to the latest fashions.

Actually, I'm playing early 70's New Beats and have an 18" 70's A for a left-side cymbal, although I do have a newer Agop ride and a K crash.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No car equals a lot more budget for cymbals! Though I have owned 2 (very) used cars & have 3 cases full of used cymbals (USA & CDN vintage A's, K's, Sabian, a few Paiste and the odd Turkish, Ufip, Krut & handmade asian hand cymbals). Cymbals get better with age and earn me money, unlike cars.

Latest posts