Forum introduction threads

R

RickP

Is it me or has the General section been overloaded with Introduction threads ?
It used to be you would see one or two a week , but know it seems half the page is introductions.
Could it be time for a separate section for introductions ?

9Lb Tongue

Oily Beau Hunk
Reaction score
I dont see what the big deal is...they move down the page fairly fast anyway.
I thinks is great we have so many new members. We may as well have another section for sports, life, car problems, Dans new drum sets, etc... :smile:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
^LOL! I too think it's a good thing we're seeing those threads, and it looks like some good new blood is coming 'round. If it is determined to be too much, the mods could create a new member intro sticky thread. But I don't think it's that big a deal.

R

RickP

Please don't get me wrong with my initial thread, I think it is great we are getting so many new members as well.
I am just surprised with what seems like such an influx in such a short period of time.

9Lb Tongue

Oily Beau Hunk
Reaction score
Please don't get me wrong with my initial thread, I think it is great we are getting so many new members as well.
I am just surprised with what seems like such an influx in such a short period of time.
I hear nothing you say because of your AVATAR... :lol:

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score
I hear nothing you say because of your AVATAR... :lol:
Hmm? Did Rick say something?

"Can't get any hooter...HOTTER than it already is!"

mike-ellis

Reaction score
It used to be you would see one or two a week , but know it seems half the page is introductions.
Yes, yes, good point. But more importantly, would be so kind as to have your avatar scrubbed and sent to my tent please?

torydrum

One of the old farts...
Reaction score
Some newbs may be a little intimidated at first to speak up, but when they see we generally always offer warm welcomes to intros, well it kinda snowballs. We are harmless, right? :blink:

Chunchunchun

Young Whippersnapper
Reaction score
I thinks is great we have so many new members. We may as well have another section for sports, life, car problems, Dans new drum sets, etc... :smile:
We're gonna need a new forum for Dan's GAS! Maybe a charity site where people donate drums, cymbals and hardware to try and overload him and cure it :blackeye:

R

RickP

We're gonna need a new forum for Dan's GAS! Maybe a charity site where people donate drums, cymbals and hardware to try and overload him and cure it :blackeye:

I am living vicariously through Dan now.

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score

I'm living vicariously through the t-shirt in your avatar.

ludwigfire

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Some newbs may be a little intimidated at first to speak up, but when they see we generally always offer warm welcomes to intros, well it kinda snowballs. We are harmless, right? :blink:
Being one of the FNGs here, I wasn't intimidated to speak up. I've just never been a fan of the first day of school ritual of standing in front of the class and introducing myself. I figure if anyone really cared to know something, they'd just ask, so until then, I'll enjoy talking drums with some great people and new found friends. Just my personal opinion, for whatever it's worth.

I have really enjoyed my time here so far. I've learned a lot, tried to share some, and am glad I found DFO.

Cheers to everyone here, old and new, now excuse me, I'm gonna go bang on something!

Clay

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score

What would Marisa say if your avatar followed you home instead of the Luds? ;-)

drumbum38

Forum Member
Reaction score
There DOES seem to be a big surge of new members lately, but they've been the GOOD kind IMO. ( Can only think of one oddball really "thegirlfriend" or whatever. Wrong forum for her I think, but everyone else has added to the knowledge base and given us more eye-candy to "ooh & ahh" at.

As far as a separate thread goes, I probably wouldn't ever browse there. Would you? It just seems the "general" section is the most logical place to meet. Besides, those threads usually lead to a good ON topic discussion. Sometimes they might be the MAJORITY of OT threads on the first page.

The only problem I see with so many at one time is that I don't bother to tend to all of them due to occasional time constraints. Kudos to Mike ("mlayton") who I ALWAYS see post a welcome, and many times he's the first one. A great Ambassador (and Administrator) you are Sir. :occasion5:

FWIW, Welcome to all the new members I did not previously greet. Enjoy your stay :)

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, yes, good point. But more importantly, would be so kind as to have your avatar scrubbed and sent to my tent please?
"I'll be in my bunk."