forum names

drummerfish

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
my nickname was fish in jr high and people have been calling me that since then. i still don't know how it came about.

i also use to paint drum heads for bands for side money (long before stickers on heads were around) and i would sign them "fish".

that, and the combination of being a drummer, drum tech and working at a music store, the nickname was something people remembered.
so at retail people would ask for me or when working local shows bands would ask for me to be their tech. so it became more of a calling card than a actual meaning from my past.

mudjacker2

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Back in the mid 90's I owned a company that provided mudjacking services, which basically made me a "mudjacker". I used that name for all my online stuff and it has just stuck since then.

DrumSmith

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was DrumSmith when I started on this forum. I liked that name, but there's another online entity by that same name, so I changed it to rds2112. I have been rds2112 on eBay since 1998 so it's easy to remember.

DrumSmith

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wanted something slightly unsettling and I thought a deliberate butchering of a drum god's name would do that. I'm "Metal Dilemna" on another forum for the same reason.
That's the way most people pronounce his name anyway :cool:

thegayge

Reaction score
This is a great thread. Can't believe I missed it last year.

thegayge is 'the gayge'

My name is AJ and people have been calling me 'Age' for most of my life. That sometimes turns into 'Rage' because I can get a little aggressive now and again.

In keeping with that, a friend of mine started calling me "the gayge" before we were old enough to know that that was impolite. It stuck, so when I would do something like beat him (or his brother)in a video game or score in basketball, I would yell "the gayge" and flex because I'm educated and classy.

Gumbeat

Reaction score
I used to chew gum while playing. Once on a gig I almost choked on the gum I was chewing..... so chewing gum while playing is now a thing of the past, but the name stuck.

Rudy Mints

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I decided to use the name of the greatest drummer, and person I've ever known. As I recall, not only was he was his Mother's favorite son, but people were drawn to him in a strangely comforting way. He's getting up in years now but, the ladies still find him attractive and manly.

Regards, Not Me

mikilalonzo

Reaction score
I used to chew gum while playing. Once on a gig I almost choked on the gum I was chewing..... so chewing gum while playing is now a thing of the past, but the name stuck.
Sounds very 80's, yes? Gonna try that out! I do stuff with my mouth, maybe that's what's missing!

bolweevil

DFO Master
Reaction score
bolweevil has been my go-to screen name for the last fifteen years...I just like how it looks on the screen and how easy it is to type (or is it just me after typing it so many times?).

bolweevil

DFO Master
Reaction score
First letter of my name, My maid has been calling me Mr. B. since the early 1960’s...

Actually my wife started it back when we were first dating, And it’s really catch on with friends & family.

It’s how I sign my E-mails so now even my customers use it.
I teach elementary special education and my last name starts with a B...hence Mr. B. is my 'day job' name! :icon_smile:

stinkingbadges

Forum Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this thread too! I was restoring my pysch red kit and found I was obsessing over finding just the right badges. Finally gave up and bought reproductions. At the same time when I joined the forum
I had just seen the part in "Blazing Saddles" with the Gold Hat Bandito says: Badges? etc.etc.

It was all meant to be I guess!

Jolo

Reaction score
Jolo checking in...Short for Joe Luoma, a Finnlander from Frostbite Falls, Minnesooota.
If I was a hard rocker my stage name would be "Nigel Fury".

I look forward to seeing a lot of you at the big Chicago Show.

The Twins actually beat the Yankeys tonight!

Latest posts