forum on the go

Drummer233

Reaction score
Is this forum available on tapatalk? Its a forum app for iPhone & android.

cpj83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think dfo is tapatalk enabled. It does have a lo-fi version that is made to use with mobile devices. It is recognized automatically when you log in with a mobile device. Works great.

Chris

ObiWan

Hillbilly Drummist
Reaction score
I use the IP.Board app on my iPhone, and then added the connection to DFO...it's a good general app for boards/forums.

EricWN

Reaction score
Tapatalk compatibility would be great. Content is so much nicer than on old fashioned browsers.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is almost 9 years old, so maybe DFO is compatible now, although I'm not sure how we find out.

Maybe a mod can chime in.

EricWN

Reaction score
I saw the age but the topic is still valid. I couldn’t find DFO on Tapatalk yesterday. While it’s not always the easiest thing from a website owner’s perspective it’s at the same time the way to deal with forums on a mobile device in my opinion, so much nicer and less cluttered as well. One can but hope.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not Tapatalk enabled because I can browse it with 13 click throughs per page about the freaking app. I don't care how great it is I refuse to ever use it now

EricWN

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not Tapatalk enabled because I can browse it with 13 click throughs per page about the freaking app. I don't care how great it is I refuse to ever use it now
What do you mean by that? 13 click throughs?
it’s nice to have options, and proper notifications instead of emails, no pages, proper dark mode etc. not rocket science.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
What do you mean by that? 13 click throughs?
it’s nice to have options, and proper notifications instead of emails, no pages, proper dark mode etc. not rocket science.
Tapatalk is beyond annoyingly aggressive. If a forum supports it every time you open a link in the web page it pops up asking if you want to install the app. Every click. It is evil. Just short of virus writer evil

EricWN

Reaction score
That’s often the case same for Reddit and other services. It’s also a superior mobile experience.
and somehow I don’t get these prompts anymore if I open other Tapatalk enabled forums on iOS so maybe that behaviour is a thing of the past or a setting somewhere.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you become a supporter of DFO, you get rid of the ads, which makes it a better experience.

Not pushing the supporter thing on anyone, but it's worth it for me.

EricWN

Reaction score
If you become a supporter of DFO, you get rid of the ads, which makes it a better experience.

Not pushing the supporter thing on anyone, but it's worth it for me.
Do you get the option of a dark theme as a supporter? I don’t see one in my account preferences.
with regards to ads, I don’t have a browser without an ad blocker, so that’s not a current issue for me.