FOUND - Bass drum Badge and Grommet for a 1960's Gretsch Round badge bass drum

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a Bass drum Badge and Grommot for a 1960's Gretsch Round badge kit they would be willing to sell?

I see the repo badges on eBay for $32 and the excessively priced badges as well. Hoping to find something more palatable price and looks wise.

Have PayPal at the ready.

Thanks!

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went through this a couple months ago. After looking at repro badges and knowing I'd have to "age" it with salt and vinegar....decided to go with a nice old one.
The repro grommet didn't fit my bass drum so I wasn't going to sand it out to make it fit. That would be reserved for a true 60's Gretsch grommet off a known drum.

Yeah, they range in price from $80-$125 depending on seller. I made an Ebay offer on one at $88 delivered and was refused. A friend of mine sold me his at $80 about 2 months later. Got a 20" Gretsch reso head along with it.
There was no opportunity that I could find to get one for $60-$75 unless they were painted over or a bit mangled. I wanted one with a clean grommet and nicely patina'd brass.

And now that a couple more months have passed, I still haven't seen a clean and good looking one for a 60's RB at under $80.

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went through this a couple months ago. After looking at repro badges and knowing I'd have to "age" it with salt and vinegar....decided to go with a nice old one.
The repro grommet didn't fit my bass drum so I wasn't going to sand it out to make it fit. That would be reserved for a true 60's Gretsch grommet off a known drum.

Yeah, they range in price from $80-$125 depending on seller. I made an Ebay offer on one at $88 delivered and was refused. A friend of mine sold me his at $80 about 2 months later. Got a 20" Gretsch reso head along with it.
There was no opportunity that I could find to get one for $60-$75 unless they were painted over or a bit mangled. I wanted one with a clean grommet and nicely patina'd brass.

And now that a couple more months have passed, I still haven't seen a clean and good looking one for a 60's RB at under $80.
I will probably just bite the bullet for a 60's one on eBay if one doesn't surface in a day or so.

It feels naked without a badge :)

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have probably gone repro if the badge grommet had fit my drum. Would have been interesting to try and "antique" the brass with salt and vinegar. They look horrible imo on older drums.
The bass drum badge is the focal point of the kit. A hole there OR a screwed up looking badge catches your eye right away. And you can always re-sell the badge for about what you paid if you
get tired of it.....or decide to sell the kit.