FOUND! Floor Tom Legs and Brackets

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm looking for a set of three floor tom legs and brackets for an old shell I have. It's undrilled so hole pattern is of no concern.
Any condition is fine! Let me know what you've got.
Thanks

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. They're for an old, beat up 12x13 modular ludwig power tom. It's faded and scratched. I'm sick of hanging it.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi DB!

I'm looking through all my parts and have three Ludwig P1216D brackets. They're from different years, meaning the inside casting is different. Two take 5/16-18 wing nuts and the other takes the thinner 1/4-20. I'm sorting through parts right now to see if I can fashion working parts for the brackets. I may have to re-tap some import wing nuts, but let me see what I can come up with.

I also have a set of generic 3/8" diameter, 20" long legs. I also have a set of 70's Ludwig 23" long legs.

I'll post pictures when my modifications are complete, so you can see if they'll work for you. The only real issue is that I currently have no boxes to ship those long tom legs!

-Mark

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi DB!

I'm looking through all my parts and have three Ludwig P1216D brackets. They're from different years, meaning the inside casting is different. Two take 5/16-18 wing nuts and the other takes the thinner 1/4-20. I'm sorting through parts right now to see if I can fashion working parts for the brackets. I may have to re-tap some import wing nuts, but let me see what I can come up with.

I also have a set of generic 3/8" diameter, 20" long legs. I also have a set of 70's Ludwig 23" long legs.

I'll post pictures when my modifications are complete, so you can see if they'll work for you. The only real issue is that I currently have no boxes to ship those long tom legs!

-Mark
Great man. Wow. Let me know if you come up with a set! I'm pretty open to a number of solutions to get this dang thing on the floor!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great man. Wow. Let me know if you come up with a set! I'm pretty open to a number of solutions to get this dang thing on the floor!
Ok, I was able to put together 3 complete P1216 brackets. Looking from the underside, you can see that two of them are identical and the one on the right is an earlier version with a heavier casting. What's odd about this one is that, even though it was designed for the larger round capture bolt, it still requires the use of a capture bolt with a 1/4-20 shaft. The bracket showing the bolt thread is the 1/4-20. Absolutely no room for the larger 5/16-18 capture bolt! There's a lot of leftover space inside, but it will hold the leg with no issues! All the import wing bolts have been tapped to the proper threading and work great!

All the pictured mounting hardware is included. Didn't take pictures of the legs, but you know what the Ludwig legs look like! Again, the Ludwig legs are 23" long and the generic legs are 20" long.

If you can use these, please PM me and we'll come up with a fair price with shipping.

-Mark

Attachments

Latest posts