*FOUND* Looking for Ludwig clip mount parts

Snowdog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not sure what they're called but I need (2) of the black spring steel pieces that screw inside the channel of Ludwig clip mounts, to stabilize drums & keep them from wobbling. Searched the Ludwig parts catalog and found the part number for a complete mount assembly but no breakdown or part number for just that piece. I have the mounts except for those pieces; however if someone has the complete mounts with those pieces I'd be willing to consider buying those. Alternatively if anyone has any ideas as to how fabricate a suitable substitute I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

nylontip

Reaction score
If you have an old tom/snare muffler laying around, those may be spring steel as well. They're just a bit wider than the one you need, but may work if trimmed and bent to the same shape as the clip spring.
Maybe you can find a piece of steel strapping from a wooden crate and snip a piece off. That may have enough spring tension in the short length you need.
I'll see if I have any laying around. Hope this helps.

Snowdog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you have an old tom/snare muffler laying around, those may be spring steel as well. They're just a bit wider than the one you need, but may work if trimmed and bent to the same shape as the clip spring.
Maybe you can find a piece of steel strapping from a wooden crate and snip a piece off. That may have enough spring tension in the short length you need.
I'll see if I have any laying around. Hope this helps.
Hmm, interesting idea...might just work, but I don't have any mufflers either. Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.

Snowdog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is this what you're looking for... HERE

-Mark
Mark, there's a little flat piece of black metal that installs inside of that channel, with a hole drilled on one end which one of the mounting screws goes through.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Mark, there's a little flat piece of black metal that installs inside of that channel, with a hole drilled on one end which one of the mounting screws goes through.
Ok, now I know what you're referring to. I just checked my parts bin and have one of those Ludwig mounts...but it's missing that piece! It must be a part that seems to get lost!

-Mark

nylontip

Reaction score
I just checked my parts bin and have one of those Ludwig mounts...but it's missing that piece!
I have a few without the spring as well. Could it be that Ludwig made some without the black spring steel? Seems odd that so many clips I see don't have the spring steel in place. Hmmm.....

Snowdog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it was only used on smaller diameter drums/bongos. Larger drums have enough weight to keep them from moving a lot, but the 6" and 8" diameter shells I'm refinishing bounce around & rattle on the stand without that piece.
Think I'll visit Paul at Buffalo Drum Outlet & see if he has any in his parts drawer...thanks all for checking & advice/suggestions!

Snowdog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And once again, Paul at Buffalo Drum Outlet to the rescue! Found both in one of his amazing parts bins...thanks all for assistance & suggestions.

Latest posts