FOUND! LUDWIG Jazzette

RobJoanisse

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Ludwig Jazzette set with 3 ply shells, re-rings, and clear interiors.
Anybody have one for sale?

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I saw one for sale on FB today maybe is 14 x 18 and can't see interiors. Wanna see it?

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Do I get a Finders Fee if you buy it :D ..ok kidding...

2300 clams (US clams)

RobJoanisse

Reaction score
I saw that one on reverb not too long ago.
Is that a reasonable price?

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Like the the great Lionel Hampton once said when asked what is that Jazz music? If you have to ask you may not be ready for it. The price is between You, your gut and the Seller

dark energy

Reaction score
It's definitely a reasonable price but the unknown quality is ....did anyone recut or mess with the bearing edges over the years? That really changes things.
More often than not, if someone decided to re-cut the edges they put on a sharp 45° edge which is easier to cut and allows the head to have more sustain, whereas the earlier shells had the rounded-over Ludwig double 45° which give them that really cool, woody, short sustain...the Ludwig THUD. I've had 5 or 6 Jazzette's thru my shop and the earlier, mahogany shells with the round edges were the best. I would always re-cut the outside edge and then hand sand it into the inner cut to get that great Jazzette sound. Roy Haynes!

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Does it look like the tom mount has been moved? Are you certain it is 14”?
Know as much as you do looks like both tom mounts were moved Have no idea; just passing along; notice in photos seller states 1972; other than that..
O. I do know , not my (set) brand, and I call that color " grandma brown"

RobJoanisse

Reaction score
The seller told me he bought them from the original owner and that the 12" tom has an extra hole. The mount was originally in the middle of the shell.

RobJoanisse

Reaction score
I'm also open to the idea of finding some singles. I think the 14x14 is the hardest to find.

stevil

Reaction score
Still looking
Call Revival Drums in Portland, OR and ask about their Ludwig Revette kits. It's a collaboration with Ludwig with Keystone X (oak maple hybrid shells) in Jazzette sizes and retro hardware. They're very fun drums.

RobJoanisse

Reaction score
Call Revival Drums in Portland, OR and ask about their Ludwig Revette kits. It's a collaboration with Ludwig with Keystone X (oak maple hybrid shells) in Jazzette sizes and retro hardware. They're very fun drums.

Thanks, I’m looking for the 3 ply shells with re-rings.