Fraud - Christopher Tyler

VinSparkle

Reaction score
Guys,

I posted a wanted ad for 13" K Custom Dark Hats some time ago and someone claiming to be "Christopher Tyler" got in touch over PM (see below).

We eventually exchanged a few emails and unlike most members, he wanted payment via MoneyGram or an iTunes gift certificate.

He then sends me a pic of the 13" hats which he clearly just clipped out of google images a few pages down. I asked him for prior transaction experience on DFO and got no response.

Just wanted to share this with you.

Happy and Safe DFO'ing, All!

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!

(Mods feel free to move this post to the appropriate forum, just wanted to maximize viewing by posting first to cymbal sales)

Christopher@#New Member
This is Christopher. Emailing about your wanted Ad. I do have for sale in excellent condition . I am in Florida and I can arrange shipping . please email me on christophertyler818@gmail.com

Last edited:

fishstix94

Reaction score
I can also verify this... I have a wanted ad for a yamaha club custom and he messaged me on this site saying he had a club custom and to email him at christophertyler818@gmail.com. It is clearly a scam, I traded a few emails with him to see how he would go about it.

He claims that the pics of the kit wont load but that it is in good shape. He also says he accepts payment through moneygram.

I've made a few transactions on this site, and a ton of transactions through golfwrx. Most of us on these sites are just trying to help fellow musicians out. But always remember... Stick to PayPal, and never gift your payment!

Cheers and happy Thanksgiving!

-Fish

sksmith-1

Reaction score
He IM'd me also with Slingerland stands I was wanting. I checked his stats, he joined yesterday and was trolling the "Wanted" posts.
Steve

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
I presume you boys have notified the mods? They can lock him out. Posting a thread there doesn't automatically notify them. I just had a look and it didn't seem like his account had been cancelled yet.

** edit ** I've reported this thread to the mods via the Report button so that should get prompt action.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Couple of folks were questioning about him in an earlier thread today.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
He reached out to me yesterday offering to sell me a Gretsch tom on a wanted post that I had already marked "found" and had requested o beremoved.

Latest posts