Free 1969 RB’s I got from a complete stranger who I just met 15 minutes prior

DBT

Reaction score

That’s my first choice too but bassdrumguy84 had a great idea I think I’m going to do . Gray glass drums with the bass hoop inlays in Ginger , what do you think ? That takes it a step further .
I like everyone’s passion on here .

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score

That’s my first choice too but bassdrumguy84 had a great idea I think I’m going to do . Gray glass drums with the bass hoop inlays in Ginger , what do you think ? That takes it a step further .

Can you post a pic of gray glass wrap?

DBT

Reaction score

Attachments

• F5E02D71-25EC-4679-BB04-3F463677C25C.jpeg
    F5E02D71-25EC-4679-BB04-3F463677C25C.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 28

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Or even ginger with the other as the inlays would be killer as well

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like the wrap on the right the best. I think it looks cleaner and classier. Then again, I also think Jack Klugman was a great actor.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
well lookie what finish made it to the Heritage BK feature page...

old dog meet new Trick : )
or old Trick meet new Dog whatever
yea I see it crooked tension bass rods.

(the coincidence was just too much not to post; that feature had been champagne sparkle

Last edited:

DBT

Reaction score
well lookie what finish made it to the Heritage BK feature page...

old dog meet new Trick : )
or old Trick meet new Dog whatever

heritage-broadkaster.png

yea I see it crooked tension bass rods.
Seems to be making a grand re entrance a lot lately . It is a purdy Pearl .

DBT

Reaction score
How they coming?
Coming along great ! All holes plugged and sanded , all holes I need drilled are done , all hardware reconditioned and polished , cataloged according to each drum then bubble wrapped and temporarily put away . 4 missing reso hoops and tension rods came in from Flea Bay and polished , all new brackets and Bass / Tom post w/ Bass bracket came in . Now instead of having them sand the shells I decided to do it and I still have to hand sand the bass drum hoops then spray prime , spray flat black then clear coat . Once that is done I’ll drive them up Upstate NY and drop them off for the bearing edges to be recut and shells wrapped . A ton of work .

DBT

Reaction score
Coming along great ! All holes plugged and sanded , all holes I need drilled are done , all hardware reconditioned and polished , cataloged according to each drum then bubble wrapped and temporarily put away . 4 missing reso hoops and tension rods came in from Flea Bay and polished , all new brackets and Bass / Tom post w/ Bass bracket came in . Now instead of having them sand the shells I decided to do it and I still have to hand sand the bass drum hoops then spray prime , spray flat black then clear coat . Once that is done I’ll drive them up Upstate NY and drop them off for the bearing edges to be recut and shells wrapped . A ton of work .
……. My dog isn’t to happy with me lately .

DBT

Reaction score
Any update?
Hey Bud , sorry I haven’t responded things have been crazy . How is your leg healing up ? No progress lately . I broke down my 87’s cleaned and polished then put new heads on them so they are ready for my friend’s son on Christmas . I’ll go over and set them up while he’s sleeping . He’s gonna bug out . He’s only getting the Bop part of the kit right now , as he progresses I’ll give him bigger pieces . I have been getting shipments of hardware in brackets , post , floor Tom legs and gaskets . I took a chance and ordered the small and large gaskets they use on the new USA , Brooklyn and Broadcaster lugs and they fit the old lugs perfect . Now it will help dampen that direct contact and also protect the new wraps .