Fresh from Duluth-Now with Video!

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Do they have shells on the website? I didn’t see anything there. What’s the average price for a shell?

Ptrick

Reaction score
Oh yes! What hardware you going with?

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Very nice KO. You deserve it buddy!

Mike

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
WOW! Nice looking shell... looking forward to see it finished with hardware!

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Do they have shells on the website? I didn’t see anything there. What’s the average price for a shell?
I don't think they have drum shells on their website as that is not their primary business but rather a part they are capable of making. I think they are warming up to the potential of the extra business. I gave them some info on where they could get badges made in smaller batches and they seemed enthusiastic.

Pricing? These aren't cheap. With the bronze hoops and the shipping it was over $700. Add another $200 for the hardware I selected and it's a pretty expensive drum. Just the shell was around $500 so you could probably get the basic sound for around $600 if you went with less expensive parts and regular hoops. Still not cheap. But in either case cheaper than a store bought cast bronze snare and there's a bit of added satisfaction with doing it yourself, although Duluth has done all the heavy lifting, or maybe that will be me when I'm lugging a 30lb snare drum around.

Last edited:

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
I really hope I'm wrong with all the $ you have in this, but...
I see holes for the snare strainer and butt plate, but the picture looks like they didn't mold/cut/form any snare beds in the shell.

stevil

Reaction score
That's a beautiful shell. I love mine and hope you love yours. The lines/knurling/whatever look sharp.

The weight is no joke though. I've gotten so used to squatting to lift/lifting with my back/etc. So much so that a few months back I almost threw a Superphonic through the ceiling because I forgot it wouldn't weigh 30lbs. Totally worth it.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I really hope I'm wrong with all the $ you have in this, but...
I see holes for the snare strainer and butt plate, but the picture looks like they didn't mold/cut/form any snare beds in the shell.
I don't know. For edges I told them to just do what they usually do. I assumed that they would likewise know how to do snare beds as well.. Probably, hopefully, a wide shallow bed you can't readily see, like on a Supra. I guess I'll find out this Friday but they initially made shells for Ocheltree and then many more for individual customers and I have yet to hear anyone say theirs didn't have beds. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts