Fresh from Duluth-Now with Video!

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
On these orders, do you give them the general specs: 14x7, lugs screw spacing is 2in, 10 lugs, strainer has two holes 1in apart, strainer 1in apart. etc??

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
On these orders, do you give them the general specs: 14x7, lugs screw spacing is 2in, 10 lugs, strainer has two holes 1in apart, strainer 1in apart. etc??
Size of shell, thickness, number of lugs, then send in hardware, and they will drill for it (I generally send in throw/butt and 1 lug).

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
K.O. It's beautiful.

I'm glad you picked the Rogers Lugs. I still have a sweet spot in my heart for my first kit; Rogers 1964.

sherm

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That was a really cool video, the packing was unbelievable.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I haven't really messed with the tuning as yet, hard to do when the wife's around. In the video it's just the sound I ended up with from tightening the heads by feel. It sounds better in person than in the video (the camera emphasizes the over ring) and more or less sounds like a rifle on rim shots. I am ecstatic about the way it turned out and super satisfied. I already want to get another one to try something different (maybe a three line shell and put all Slingerland hardware on it to outdo DW).

It nestles somewhere between being a musical instrument and a work of art.

And by god it's heavy!

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Weighed it tonight with a scale I borrowed from work. 22.5 pounds. Seems a lot heavier than that number sounds when I pick it up but then a typical snare weighs what, 5 or 6 pounds? 10 at the most? So this thing defies expectations when you pick it up...in a good way. Going to try it out at practice tomorrow night, looking forward to seeing how it works.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hate to say But the couple "trio" chameleon videos you have on your channel.. The snare used there...sound just like the Duluth you just bought! (invested in

Stop either after two seconds.

Last edited:

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hate to say But the couple "trio" chameleon videos you have on your channel.. The snare used there...sound just like the Duluth you just bought! (invested in

Stop either after two seconds.
Might be because I can't tune drums worth a crap. Can't play them all that well either, but that has never stopped me...

That snare in the trio video is a 1984 Ludwig hammered bronze Supra. So similar territory. I can assure you that, in person: A: they do sound different, and B: that's probably not the point anyhow, says the crazy man with 150+ snare drums, ;)

Last edited:

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Those cast machined hoops must weigh close to ten pounds themselves.
The hoops are aluminum bronze, and surprisingly light. I’d say no heavier than regular zinc die cast hoops.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah the hoops feel surprisingly light. They look and sound cool though.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Caught some grief on a Facebook post about this drum to the effect of "I wouldn't want to have to haul that heavy thing around". Sheesh. Yes, at 22.5 pounds it's heavy, but no worse than my cymbal or hardware bags. And, if you heard this thing in person I think you'd agree, it's well worth the added effort.

Last edited: