Friday Five Fer - Cover Songs

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was asked to fill in until Snappy is back on the Freedom Express ... so, here we are again. No worries, he should be back in the saddle next week.

We are taking a dip into the Cover Song pool.

Due to the limitations on how many media links you can add ... these will span three thread posts. Just scroll and you will see all five covers and their originals.

Hopefully, Snappy is smiling.

Enjoy!

The 77’s
Nobody’s Fault But Mine

First up ...
A very cool song by Led Zepplin as performed by The 77's. This version is actually quite good. The vocals, the guitars, the drums ... all very well done.
Give it a spin (or click) and see if you don't agree. Very powerful. The intro is quiet for a bit too long, in my opinion.

... and the original Led Zeppelin tune ...

Terry Scott Taylor
Long, Long, Long

Here's a George Harrison tune from his Beatle days performed by Terry Scott Taylor. It's not the greatest tune George ever wrote, but it's quite listenable. I am particulary struck by the drumming on this version. It just fits. Really well done.

... and the original Beatles tune ...

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Lost Dogs
I’m A Loser

A Beatle tune performed by the Lost Dogs. This one is just a fun one. The Dogs trade vocal duties on this one ... perhaps not the best choice, but with four vocalists, what are ya gonna do? Anyway, I thought the musicianship was very good on this one.

... and the original Beatles tune ...

The Awakening
Onward

This is a YES tune performed by a fairly obscure group call The Awakening. I picked this one up years ago when it was first released. I love their take on it. The vocals are so doggone good.

... and the original YES tune ...

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Audio Adrenaline
Free Ride

The Edgar Winter Group classic! This is by far, my favorite of this group of covers. Audio Adrenaline knocked this one out of the park.

... and the original Edgar Winter Group tune ...