FS: 1owner house kept Vintage 60s/70s Ludwig Super Classic Drum Set w/ 10 lug Supra and many extras Blue Sparkle 20 12 16 5x14

hatandbeard

Reaction score
Any trades with toilet paper????? Just kidding, and that kit is freakin awesome!!!!! Wishing and buying lotto tickets!
If thee rolls are made of things not of bleached paper and rather.... ;)
I appreciate you☆♡
.....phew it is/ I'm grateful to have played it at home after cleaning it. I wish i had a full set of new heads/I would really take it for a spin/still sounds great with the original heads even with the ones that are worn
... my two students at different times had the same reaction when they sat down and played it/the supra was crispcutting and the bass drum was tuned slammn low...they both said whoa!
Buying some lotto tickets actually isn't a bad idea ha! Stay in touch when you land one :)

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay checking in now I've been swamped doing my best to keep up with everything..... wishing all of you well

Yeah pretty wild that it has a blue and Olive badge early 70s floor tom with it.. and yes I believe I did mention that and it's pretty cool that it was a set that was sold this way...good to know that this gentleman got it when he was a kid from his parents etc otherwise I would have been curious if that floor tom would have been added on at some point; but I've also seen a lot of interesting things having worked at a couple vintage drum shops; and I don't think I've seen too many one nighter Ludwig sets of that era.. and I'm interested to know if it came from the factory like this or if it came from one of the Chicago drum shops like this? He's not somebody that would have noticed any of these details like any of us etc.. I was grateful to get the set even though it had to be extensively cleaned.. I was also thrilled when somebody from one of the Facebook drum Pages chimed in and said they have the exact same setup in the same sizes and badge configuration.
☆♡ and actually I haven't heard of the super beat that is good to know!

I always appreciate everyone's time grateful for the site as well.
I grew up playing Slingerland and Ludwig snares in school band and then became fascinated with Gretsch but my first vintage set was a Ludwig Club date 20 12 14 in Green Glass glitter rewrap..
Like many of us or all of us :) I've owned and tried what feels like everything, kinda.
Sad to see this set go it's sweet.
It'll make somebody happy for a long time.
Excited to get it to a good new home.
Not uncommon to see different badges on kits from the early 70's . Every major manufacturer made a kit without a floor tom. If the original owner got this as a gift from his parents thy probably had the retailer order a " matching" color floor tom for it. This was common practice then.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep. An almost identical set (keystone w/ B/O FT) was recently listed here. My first set is a ‘65 Club Date w/ nickel hardware and a ‘66 16x16 Super Classic FT w/ chrome. They were, of course, purchased together.

hatandbeard

Reaction score
Not uncommon to see different badges on kits from the early 70's . Every major manufacturer made a kit without a floor tom. If the original owner got this as a gift from his parents thy probably had the retailer order a " matching" color floor tom for it. This was common practice then.
My thoughts exactly I appreciate you chiming in

hatandbeard

Reaction score
Yep. An almost identical set (keystone w/ B/O FT) was recently listed here. My first set is a ‘65 Club Date w/ nickel hardware and a ‘66 16x16 Super Classic FT w/ chrome. They were, of course, purchased together.
That's pretty cool to know I ran into somebody on the Facebook drummer group for sale pages that also had identical setup.
Very cool to know and thanks for commenting. There are definitely some interesting combinations out there/ I've seen some interesting things myself previous to this set.
I appreciate you saying heya, thankya!

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly I appreciate you chiming in
I just stumbled onto this - what a beautiful set! I have a '69 red sparkle set that originally came from the factory with a combination of Keystone and B&O badges. It comes from Ludwig's transition period from the two badge designs, and at that time they'd just use whatever badges they had and ship them out. Nobody paid attention to making sure the badges were the same, and that gives us one of the cool quirky Ludwig things we get to collect and talk about today. Other weird combinations of 60's and 70's hardware can be present on these sets as well. I consider it a value add, because it's one of the more fun things about owning vintage Ludwigs.

hatandbeard

Reaction score
I just stumbled onto this - what a beautiful set! I have a '69 red sparkle set that originally came from the factory with a combination of Keystone and B&O badges. It comes from Ludwig's transition period from the two badge designs, and at that time they'd just use whatever badges they had and ship them out. Nobody paid attention to making sure the badges were the same, and that gives us one of the cool quirky Ludwig things we get to collect and talk about today. Other weird combinations of 60's and 70's hardware can be present on these sets as well. I consider it a value add, because it's one of the more fun things about owning vintage Ludwigs.
I love these stories and yes my thoughts exactly on what very well could have been going on during this time.
I love things that match but I love one-off stories/sets.
Im grateful for you chiming in!
Thank you :)