FS: 20" Aquarian American Vintage bass drum heads Medium and Thin

hatandbeard

Reaction score
For Sale
20" Aquarian American Vintage bass drum heads
1- Medium
1- Thin
Both basically unused excellent condition overall with no dents no dings still very new unused etc
One has small insignificant amount of tape residue markings
$40 shipped each one
I ship well packed safe and secure with tracking and insurance.
Happy to ship anywhere in the world buyer pays shipping insurance customs fees handling etc. International shipping will be more etc. Please message me.
I have 100% feedback on all the places. Happy to chat. Let me know if you have questions or need more photos. Selling some of my drum and cymbal collection please inquire. Gotta clean house etc. Offers are aok.
I have vintage drum shop work experience-love-passion and know how to ship safely and securely. Happy to chat. I play full-time not a collector all the respects to everyone.

Attachments

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have possibly the stubbornest 20" RB Red Wine Pearl bass east of the Mississippi
but I'm gonna pass

hatandbeard

Reaction score
I have possibly the stubbornest 20" RB Red Wine Pearl bass east of the Mississippi
but I'm gonna pass
Ayyyyyy i hear ya/appreciate ya chiming in

Are you selling the bass drum or going with remo classic fit?

40 each shipped for these Aquarian American Vintage is pretty good! :)

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Are you selling the bass drum or going with remo classic fit?
Me? It's part of a 20/12/14 set I've had since 1975. they're never going anywhere : )
I just use standard Remo's and frankly rarely use the 20" ; when I do it sounds fine. Sounds fine. When I use it. Which isn't often. I mostly keep the set for the 14x14 Floor tom which, I use with a 16/16 red glass bass and 8/12 tom. Mini set

hatandbeard

Reaction score
Me? It's part of a 20/12/14 set I've had since 1975. they're never going anywhere : )
I just use Remo's and frankly don't use the 20 much ; when I do it sounds fine. Not worth nit-picking over. Sounds fine. When I use it. Which isn't often. I mostly keep the set for the 14x14 Floor tom I use with a 16/16 red glass bass and 8/12 tom. Mini set
Is it a gretsch set?

Reactions: JDA

hatandbeard

Reaction score
Regular remos pounded on, or newer classic fits?

I always wanted to try the classic fits when I had an oversized gretsch 20 but tha shops never had them

Reactions: JDA

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Regular remos pounded on
chiseled and pounded but you know what? It doesn't matter-if the head isn't entirely on- It still tunes. It sounds normal. I play it next to never (I have the 16" bass Gretsch RB set) and I have a New 6ply gunmetal Broadkaster 18" Gretsch set. Those are my two gig sets, I get away with.
The 20 rarely has had reason to leave the house since the 80s.

I had a Satin Flame RB set same 20/12/14 the heads went on much easier, than, the set with 'pearl covering..
I gigged then sold them around 2000

hatandbeard

Reaction score
chiseled and pounded but you know what? It doesn't matter-if the head isn't entirely on- It still tunes. It sounds normal. I play it next to never (I have the 16" bass Gretsch RB set) and I have a New 6ply gunmetal Broadkaster 18" Gretsch set. Those are my two gig sets, I get away with.
The 20 rarely has had reason to leave the house since the 80s.

I had a Satin Flame RB set same 20/12/14 the heads went on much easier, than, the set with 'pearl covering..
I gigged then sold them around 2000
So cool to hear...i gotta see pics of the 16 (12x16?)

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
So cool to hear...i gotta see pics of the 16 (12x16?)
No time for that; just convert a 16 x 16 takes about 15 minutes (with hoops, ts, claws, two upside down cowbell holders for spurs) 10 minutes.
Later I drilled the top for a Gretsch rail; that's it.

Attachments

Latest posts