FS: DW 6710 Series Flatbase Cymbal Stands and arm add on

hatandbeard

Reaction score
For Sale
DW 6710 Flatbase Cymbal Stands and arm add on
I've had these for a while and I just upgraded to the new Tama flat base that are the copy of the 60s Ludwig.
I will always love Yamaha and DW Hardware, but decided to sell off my DW cymbal stands.
I believe these are the first generation 6710 series.
One stand has more of a medium footprint and also has one unoriginal thumbscrew on the base section. The midsection of this stand is a little bit shorter. Includes original top dw wing screw.
One stand has a larger footprint and has an unoriginal midsection that is a boom arm that works incredibly great. The arm of that DW top is a much older DW arm and works great. Includes original top dw wing screw.
I realize new 6710 dw stands go for $99 plus shipping I believe. Doing my best to realize that these still go for a good buck used and I sold a bunch of top sections recently for a pretty good fair dollar. I personally am lukewarm about the DW ultralight series. Some prefer this 6710 series.
I'm sure somebody would be excited to knab these due to just the base sections themselves.
Sticker logos our little worn but still there and nothing is stripped or overtightened. I always grease all my parts etc.
The single top section only is an interesting piece as it is just a DW top that you can fit a thin boom arm through if that makes any sense. I lost the wings screw on tour at some point years ago and I'm using some kind of cool large nut screw that you'd find on a clamp and it works excellent. The top section bar post could be DW but I'm really not sure. The DW memory lock does fit on the bar post and is included.
Happy to sell together or separately obviously all together would be nice and easy for combined shipping.
$80 shipped in the us48 each individual stand
$50 shipped for top section piece
Lots of life left on all three doubt you would be disappointed.
There are plastic sleeves on the two cymbal stands with felts.
Stands are very clean and even the rubber feet are in great condition.
I ship well packed safe and secure with tracking and insurance.
Happy to ship anywhere in the world buyer pays shipping insurance customs fees handling etc. International shipping will be more etc. Please message me.
I have 100% feedback on all the places. Happy to chat. Let me know if you have questions or need more photos. Selling some of my drum and cymbal collection please inquire. Gotta clean house etc. Offers are aok.
I have vintage drum shop work experience-love-passion and know how to ship safely and securely. Happy to chat. I play full-time not a collector all the respects to everyone.

Attachments

Last edited:

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation. if I am able to sell off a pair of cymbals on Saturday (supposed to via CL)...I may take them...have you ever hung a tom from one of these?

dtk

hatandbeard

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation. if I am able to sell off a pair of cymbals on Saturday (supposed to via CL)...I may take them...have you ever hung a tom from one of these?

dtk
I appreciate the help and for hearing me out

Good luck with your sale we will see what happens I appreciate the interest!

Since these are lightweight flat based stands I do not think you'd be able to hang a Tom off of them no :/
You would also have to position the Tom directly over one of the legs thereby making it difficult to balance and all of that since it's not a double braced stand.
Even if you were using an 8 inch or a 10 inch Tom between that weight and the mount or bracket or clamp it was on and the weight of the cymbal it would probably be too much for a single braced lightweight flat based stand.

Last edited:

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can also vouch for hanging a 10x7 and 12x8 rack off of one of these for a long time. Zero issues. Good luck with the sale, if I weren't also laid off I would snatch these up.

hatandbeard

Reaction score
I can also vouch for hanging a 10x7 and 12x8 rack off of one of these for a long time. Zero issues. Good luck with the sale, if I weren't also laid off I would snatch these up.
Appreciate ya'! They are nice stands☆
Yehhhhh i here ya
Im juggling for sure,,,,we all probably are