FS:Leedy Broadway Parallel 1941 SOLD

JoGa

Reaction score
Hey all,

For sale is my Leedy Broadway Parallel 7x14" snare drum.
The specs:
Born in 1941 (date stamped inside the shell), has beautiful, evenly yellowed White Marine Pearl finish (the wrap is tight; at one point a very small piece of the wrap is missing but this area is covered by the batter hoop), 3-ply shell with re-ring, factory-white interior, Leedy Parallel throw, internal muffler, Leedy stick chopper hoops (the reso side has the 'Broadway Parallel' engraving), 42-strand wires. Very clean & all-original (less heads & wires). I'd say this is a collector's piece but it also tunes up and plays like a dream. I need to raise cash for my new kit and because this sweet vintage drum doesn't get played much I decided to let her go. I'm asking EUR 625, shipping in Europe included, payment via PayPal is fine.
Please email me at gaborjoo@yahoo.com if you're interested.
Cheers, Gabor
Edit: I can't properly upload the pic, please email for hi-res shots if you're interested.

JoGa

Reaction score
Re: FS:Leedy Broadway Parallel 1941

nostaticatall said:
$938.00 USD seems a bit high.

Thanks for your post. I'm in Europe and I'm selling this drum within Europe. Prices and the market are different here. Many mass produced snare drums readily available in the shops sell here for a lot more than EUR 625. This vintage Leedy is no longer in production, obviously. Whether this drum is expensive or not will be decided by the market. Also, the current EUR / USD exchange rate is very steep with the USD being a little down. Selling this Leedy may take a while but I'm not in a hurry. Maybe the price will be revised as I want to move this item but no rush here. I just sold a (very clean and all original) '66 Ludwig 3-piece kit for the equivalent of almost US$ 1900. I'm sure nobody in the US would have paid this much for such a kit but here on my end I found a buyer within 24 hrs.
Thanks anyway.
Cheers, Gabor

nostaticatall

Reaction score

Gabor,

I know the European market is very different from the U.S. I was not trying to be critical. The price you got for the Ludwig kit is very good. Buyers from Europe come to the the Chicago Show every year and buy a lot of drums to sell in Europe.

Best,

Mark

JoGa

Reaction score

Price has dropped to EUR 550, shipping in Europe included.
Cheers, Gabor

JoGa

Reaction score

Price further reduced to EUR 500, insured & tracked shipping in Europe included.

SOLD!

Latest posts