FS: ZILDJIAN CYMBALS INSIDE!!!

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
14" A Custom Crash - Excellent condition. No cracks, flea bites, or key holing - $130 + shipping

16" A Custom Fast Crash - Excellent condition. No cracks, flea bites, or key holing - $140 + shipping

16" K Custom Dark Crash - Excellent condition. No cracks, flea bites, or key holing - SOLD!!!

18" Oriental China Trash - Excellent condition. No cracks, flea bites, or key holing - $150 + shipping

20" Zildjian ride cymbal - Possibly from the 70's. Perhaps some of you cymabalholics can tell me exactly what this is. The bell has some keyholing and a there is crack on the edge (see pics). Also, a few dings here and there. Still a great sounding cymbal!!! Plenty of patina to add to its mojo!!! - Say $

SHIPPING TO THE CONUS ONLY. PayPal gift preferred.
THANKS!!!!

Attachments

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
16" K Custom Dark Crash - SOLD!!!
Thank you!!!

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
That 20" Avedis with the crack is most likely to have a late 50s or 60s stamp given the style of the lathing. It is very unlikely to have a 70s stamp on it, although there are some anomalies as you can see in my discussion of visible hammering:

http://black.net.nz/avedis/hammering.html#h-60s

Yours doesn't have much visible hammering as far as I can see, but that might be due to other factors like the lighting in the photo. And some just don't seem to have much even when they are from a period where other cymbals show lots of visible hammering.

The lathing on the bell fits nicely into the later 50s style: http://black.net.nz/avedis/bells.html

plus the lathing on the bottom has areas where a bit of crust is left. Again suggests late 50s to me, although none of the lathing would be out of place on a cymbal with a 60s trademark stamp either.

My site tells you how to spot the differences in the trademark stamps. Start here:

http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-gallery.html#small

and move down to the 60s and 70s. Or you can post a picture of the trademark stamp.

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Zenstat,

Thank you so much for your detailed analysis. Your expertise in this area is quite impressive. I've uploaded the trademark stamp as well as a closeup of the bell and crack area. Any other pertinent information you could provide about this cymbal is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It appears that my stamp has the top of the Ottoman, and no 3 dots. According to your site that would put this, again, as you mentioned to be late 50's, Thanks for the education!

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Open to offers. Will offer deep discounts when purchasing multiple items.

The 14" and 16" sound ridiculously good together.

The Whale

Priest of the Temples of Syrinx
Reaction score
Got my crash yesterday! Thanks Groovepig! Packing was A+ Pro and the cymbal is in lovely condition. Obviously taken great care of. Thank you!

Latest posts