Full set of 60's Zildjian A's

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You've seen a million 60's stamp A's. You've probably seen several of them with their designation ink still on them. Some are dogs. Some sound great. This particular set has all their ink and all sound fantastic. Condition is very nice. No weird signs of abuse. These have lived a pretty koosh life. I've played them on stage with my band and would continue to do so if I didn't need to fund a recent large purchase. I'm being forced to get down to the bare essentials for the time being.

14" New Beats 854g/1140g- First Era. Great weights. These sound amazing. You can still see the "New Beat" sticker residue on the top hat.
18" Crash 1367g- Basic medium-thin weight. Clean and bright. Iconic 60's rock and roll explosion crash. Charlie would approve.
20" Crash Ride 1943g- Great pitch separation from with the 18". Sensitive crash-ability with a lot of weight and tone in the bell. Hard to stop playing. 1 cymbal gig?
20" Medium-Thin Ride 2038g- Beautiful balance of dark crash and bright stick. I sent this to Zildjian for the addition of 3 cluster rivets and love the color they add.

Overall this is a very versatile and sweet sounding set of cymbals. I really, really like these A's. Buy them quickly before I change my mind. I won't part them out due to their long history together and their perfect synergy with each other. $600, shipped.

IMG_2617.jpg
IMG_2615.jpg
IMG_2616.jpg
IMG_2614.jpg
IMG_2613.jpg
IMG_2612.jpg

Last edited:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool set. Glad to see old A's are still appreciated. And also a clear indication that there are strong buyers for "ink" (ie history) out there.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, that's about as cool a combo as you're liable to see. Nick seems to always have the best stash 'o brass...now bought by a real cool cat.

Breakdown7

Reaction score
Ahh, I'm late to the party and just saw this listing. Nice grab Bun. If you decide the weights are not right for what you're after, send me a message as I've been looking for a nice set like this.