Fun project - cheap Pearl Charlie Watts tribute

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, haven't really tested it playing the full kit, but the individual drums sound great.
Maybe it's just in my head but it sounds more rounded and open than before stripping the wrap.
And the snare is surprisingly good sounding, just tried some ordinary backbeats on it so far.

The heads are Evans UV2 coated on top with original Pearl heads on bottom - first time with these heads and I've only tried them with sticks and that sounds fine.
Powerstroke 3 on bass drum and Remo Controlled Sound X on snare, another head I haven't tried before. Will probably end up with a coated Ambassador since that is what most of my snares have on them.

The build quality on these cheap drums is very, very good! I did a fast job on the finishing and should probably have done some more sanding, but a few feet away this will work fine for it's pompous as a small stage kit and house kit on the jazz festival I do with some of my friends.
The hardware is very good!

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
nice set....but if wanna look like Charlie Watts set, you gotta mount the tom on a snare stand....:)