Fun show last night

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My band does an Elton John tribute show a few times yearly. Usually I play the roadie part and assist with load in because we have Charlie Morgan on drums for this show. First off, what a nice guy! Im a youngin so I didnt get to grow up following any of the legends per say. I really had no clue who he was until I joined the band around 4 years ago. Last night I was in for a real treat! He brought his Versace designed Premier Signia drums for this show. Theres a back story on this kit youll have to google when you have time.

Anyways, this year I decided to add in on percussion for the show. I was a bit nervous as Id never been a percussionist other than in school band. I setup some congas, suspended cymbals, and had a trap table full of hand percussion. I had an absolute blast! After the first few seconds of the first tune I just let loose and enjoyed myself. After we finished the tribute part we did a few of our own originals. Charlie was nice enough to let me play the premiers on these tunes and it was spectacular. These drums just have tone for days and the history benhind them just floors me. I actually got to play a legendary kit in my mind! Check out the pics below.

AF14DF6D-1E37-4759-92CF-1468BBA8F389.png
851C9310-2936-4B6D-BF81-7952DE1AE108.jpeg

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Too cool! Looks like you found some Congas. I recall you were looking for some. Where did you guys play?

Mike

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
MLayton said:
Too cool! Looks like you found some Congas. I recall you were looking for some. Where did you guys play?

Mike
Found the congas in Craigslist for $125! This one was at the Koger center downtown Columbia.