Funch 14" Old K Clone hihats

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just got these from Denmark, and I'm really pleased how these turned out! Warm, musical and really easy to play. But still they have enough highend crunch so they don't disappear. Foot chick is also really good for hats with relatively thin bottom. And the crazy thing is that these are about 2 week old week old hats. The bronze has barely settled, and these sound mature already!

Here's a demo:

MicD

Reaction score
These are amazing hats. Ive only recently come across his work. Beautiful! How long has been making cymbals? Its good to hear his stuff on others videos too, it helps getting a better idea of their sound. Thanks for posting and nice playing:)

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful!

I had a pair of 70’s A Light hats some years back. The top and bottom were almost identical in weight (around 850gr). They had the strongest chick sound I’ve ever heard in a pair of hats. A heavy bottom is no insurance for a strong chick sound.

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just got these from Denmark, and I'm really pleased how these turned out! Warm, musical and really easy to play. But still they have enough highend crunch so they don't disappear. Foot chick is also really good for hats with relatively thin bottom. And the crazy thing is that these are about 2 week old week old hats. The bronze has barely settled, and these sound mature already!

Here's a demo:

You have fine taste, in cymbals and in beats.