Funch Cymbals, 4 Rides Demoed

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Four new rides?
Wow, what a haul.
Every one sounds very special, lucky you!
Yeah, before the trip I was thinking that I would get one or max 2. But I was so impressed about the overall sound quality (I tested 6 full bags of cymbals!), that even after elimination round after elimination round these 4 were still there and I just couldn't leave any of them behind. :icon_lol:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
It must be hard to pick a favorite as they all sound so buttery & lush.
Just magnificent. That's some serious bronze.
Easily some of the finest ride cymbals I've ever heard.

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It must be hard to pick a favorite as they all sound so buttery & lush.
Just magnificent. That's some serious bronze.
Easily some of the finest ride cymbals I've ever heard.
I know what you mean. I'm not easily impressed, but these just floored me. Buttery but with nice stick definition and wash that's quite easy to keep under control. And also bit lower volume compared to for instance my Zildjian Constantinoples.

And crazy thing is that some of these are actually REALLY new. I think that both Old K Clone and Tony Williams both were something like 1-2 week old, and they sound really mature already.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. Very nice. I think if I had to pick just one, I’d probably go with the TW, but I’d be more than happy with any/all of those. Congrats!

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Those are really great. Too bad the website shows them as all sold out.
Based on his Instagram posts it looks like he makes a few rides per week and they all sell in a very short time. So your best bet is to follow him and listen to the samples he posts, and then act quickly to reserve the one you want.

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Based on his Instagram posts it looks like he makes a few rides per week and they all sell in a very short time. So your best bet is to follow him and listen to the samples he posts, and then act quickly to reserve the one you want.
He actually had 6 bags of cymbals ready, that he just haven't had time to demo and photo them.

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. Very nice. I think if I had to pick just one, I’d probably go with the TW, but I’d be more than happy with any/all of those. Congrats!
I know what you mean, hard to pick one favourite.
Old K and TW were actually both sort of cymbals that when I hit them first time, I knew instantly, no question about it. They moved to my bag right away.
Luminous and Deep Hammered had to go through quite a big yes pile through elimination rounds. The competition was quite tough, since the quality was so high. B)

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Gah! They all sound just right to my ears. Nice playing too.

Unrelated: What camera did you use?