Reaction score
His and Bernie Taupin's masterpiece.
...It made a helluva cover too.
The 5 minute mark on track 1
gets you rocking faster

Last edited:

tripp2k

Reaction score
A most excellent song. I like both performances, too!

Dynaman

Reaction score
Great songs. The sound of the Les Paul is pure 70's rock.
I had this album in the 70's and subsequently forgot about it. About 2 years ago I was in a hire car in New Zealand going across a mountain range and found this CD in the car. Put it on. Just kept driving faster and faster around all those corners.

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've played Funeral for a Friend and Love Lies bleeding many times in concert over the years with the Elton John tribute act I played with years ago. It was one of my favorites to play. Great song and great lyrics in my opinion.

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I agree! I spent hours coping every nuance of his playing. he was unique, tasteful and very underrated when you really listen critically.

attached picture was taken during one of our shows....

Attachments

Last edited:

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sit down and listen to the entire two album "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album.

Listen the depth of Nigel's playing, the styles, and the passion he puts into those tunes...

Go from Roy Rogers, Harmony, Sweet Painted Lady to Your Sister Can't Twist, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting....Dirty Little Girl. A Complete series of drum lessons on two discs. For me anyway lol.

I got off the Elton Train at "Blue Moves", but Nigel's work on "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" remains some of my favorite drumming. Another great album for him.

Speaking of underrated-Barry Morgan's and Roger Pope's performances on the early albums Tumbleweed Connection and Madman Across the Water were really great too....

Those early albums would be on my desert island list. I never seem to get tired of them.

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sit down and listen to the entire two album "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album.

Listen the depth of Nigel's playing, the styles, and the passion he puts into those tunes...

Go from Roy Rogers, Harmony, Sweet Painted Lady to Your Sister Can't Twist, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting....Dirty Little Girl. A Complete series of drum lessons on two discs. For me anyway lol.

I got off the Elton Train at "Blue Moves", but Nigel's work on "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" remains some of my favorite drumming. Another great album for him.

Speaking of underrated-Barry Morgan's and Roger Pope's performances on the early albums Tumbleweed Connection and Madman Across the Water were really great too....

Those early albums would be on my desert island list. I never seem to get tired of them.
Speaking of Roger Pope--check him out on Livetime from Hall & Oates. Recorded on the 77-78 Beauty on a Backstreet tour. Killer stuff and drum sound

Latest posts