Funny Stuff Your Students Say

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
"Mine was at 100 (metronome) I was probably going too fast or too slow I don't know."

Last edited:

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The parents have to possess that skill and help their kid.
Yep, parental support is really helpful but I'd be shocked if a parent could play what I'm teaching their kid, and it's not that hard.

Last edited:

Paradiddlebob

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Paradiddlebob, post: 1991813, member: The parents have to possess that skill and help their kid.
Yep, parental support is really helpful but I'd be shocked if a parent could play what I'm teaching their kid, and it's not that hard.
[/QUOTE]
I only meant if parents can follow a metronome accurately.

Rallaei

Reaction score
So... I made a sheet for a student containing some mambo beats og a few mozambique rhythms, on the last line I wrote down a 'Elvin Mozambique', so my student said: ".... ahh, is that a Elvin Presley rhythm?!"

I failed big time....

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow how did you know joe. I do hear terrible voices whenever I practice and people ARE always looking at me when I'm on stage. Thanks...and thanks Fanapt.

Last edited:

Base

Reaction score
I think, but am not completely sure, you guys should've heard of the annual vienna philharmonic new years concert!? It seems to be the most well known/most widely broadcasted concert on this planet. And it happens to be a big part of my country's culture. So: the most funny thing I've ever heard from a student (and teaching kids in a rural environment I've heard a lot of unbelievable things) came from a boy, must have been around 9 or 10 years old.
"I'm still undecided if I want to become a bus driver ..... Or play on the new year's concert. Because I heard they always get something good to eat there! "