Galaxy Wrap

JayT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
With all the talk of customizing a Legacy kit new from Ludwig, I've really considered it, and I think I'll go for it at some point. But I'm not crazy about any of the colours available. Even the Psych Red and Mod Orange colours don't appeal to me as the wrap pattern is just so slightly off.

However, I think it would be really cool to wrap my drums in Galaxy Sparkle. But the trick would be to find someone actually producing such a colour. Anybody know of one? If not, where could one go for a custom that actually sparkles?

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
i sure havent seen any jayt. that would be awesome to do on a new set. member drumjinx had some cool stuff the was galaxy-like a while back. but not sure if he has any left or not.

mike

JayT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a great colour and I'm sure it's easy enough to produce? Would be really interesting to see it on some new kits.

bzzfkt

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
precision is doing custom wraps from image files...there was a thread about it a while back...don't know how well it would work on trying to copy something tho (i'd love to do my rogers stuff in mardi gras!)..

check out this thread...

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Jerry, forum member drumjinx I think has some sorta galaxy wrap. It doesn't compare to the Ludwig black galaxy, but it looks nice!

ebok45

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I found something...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wrap-your-Drum-Kit-in-BLACK-GALAXY--over-the-old-wrap!_W0QQitemZ320425804429QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090919?IMSfp=TL090919198002r24955

...but it's a pretty sorry excuse for Galaxy.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
thats interesting. thanks for posting that. i think the pic could have been a little better. weird that the seller is in california but the listing is a uk listing. i havent looked but dont recall seeing that on u.s. ebay.

mike

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
thats interesting. thanks for posting that. i think the pic could have been a little better. weird that the seller is in california but the listing is a uk listing. i havent looked but dont recall seeing that on u.s. ebay.

mike
Anyone remember when Precision offered a galaxy wrap?...it was black with multi colored sparkles, but they were very sparse...not like the Ludwig version.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
i dont recall seeing any of that wrap. anybody got any pics of a kit wrapped in that particular stuff?

mike

ebok45

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you could maybe find some to wrap a 15x12 in Mike.....

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Hopefully you could maybe find some to wrap a 15x12 in Mike.....
that would be the plan exactly my friend. i'm currently still using my 12x15 sky blue pearl clubdate for sound but really would like something matching as we all do. :icon_smile:

mike

galaxy08

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A few months back I bought some Galaxy-ish wrap from forum member drumjinx, to rewrap my 60s Ludwig kit. The wrap is really cool - gloss black with copper and silver flecks - though it's thinner than most other wraps, so it tends to show the irregularities in the old drum shells. I'll soon post some before & after pics, once it's all complete.

greg