Gary Chester Session Discography

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Guys,
Does anyone have the book "New Breed" by Gary Chester? I'm trying to find out if it has his complete (or close to it) list of 14,000 sessions he played on. I have a short list, but it would great to see it fleshed out. He really was the Hal Blaine of the East Coast. He played on TONS for 60s classics.

So, if anyone has the book, please let us all know what the session list is like.

also...if anyone HAS a complete session discography, please let me know!

Thanks always,
Retro

Last edited:

shilohjim

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Drums on "I'm a Believer" were by Buddy Saltzman, another NY Session drumming legend.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd guess a lot of this stuff wasn't documented well. Unless you get the actual payroll info from the sessions.

multijd

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Does anyone have the book "New Breed" by Gary Chester? I'm trying to find out if it has his complete (or close to it) list of 14,000 sessions he played on. I have a short list, but it would great to see it fleshed out. He really was the Hal Blaine of the East Coast. He played on TONS for 60s classics.

So, if anyone has the book, please let us all know what the session list is like.

also...if anyone HAS a complete session discography, please let me know!

Thanks always,
Retro
We had a discussion about this a few months back. It was about a Dionne Warwick tune. I’ll look for the thread and share it here

multijd

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here us another.

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have the new breed 1 and 2, if you wait till tommorow, I will find the book. I will try to post a picture of that page, if I remember right it is in the book like you say.

Reactions: egw

HalldorL

DFO Master
Reaction score
From New Breed I

A3B24F8A-ABC7-4C04-98A1-CF0EB2260DF1.jpeg

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ahh, beat me too it! Just in case, If you can't read those credits I've photoed that page in bits. No disrespect meant to haldorl who posted that.

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's more from book 2 though they might have been mentioned. Having just looked at it.Sorry it's not very clear
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 8

HalldorL

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ahh, beat me too it! Just in case, If you can't read those credits I've photoed that page in bits. No disrespect meant to haldorl who posted that.

No worries! The photo I made is really clear but uploading it here reduces the quality quite dramatically