Gauger Flex Frame

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I've been using one with positive results - 2 gigs per week - it still fits in my 8 x 12 bag but I have to put the drum in batter
side down - its just easier that way.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
How durable is this for gigging? Does the frame fit in drum cases/bags?
I have one on one of my kits that currently doesn't get much use. But I always pop the ring out of the clips before putting it away. The ring is slightly larger in diameter than the drum.

Buffalo_drummer

Reaction score
Are those clips durable? I know they changed the design slightly since they had issues with the originals.

Last edited:

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Are those clips durable? I know they changed the design sightly since they had issues with the originals.
I've had mixed results, but on that drum I use a gig bag so the protection is limited. They are better than the original version though.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I've been using one with positive results - 2 gigs per week - it still fits in my 8 x 12 bag but I have to put the drum in batter
side down - its just easier that way.
Ditto. I will say you have to careful not to drop the ring as it will bend. Still, I love mine.

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's a pretty good option if you want to or have to use a snare stand for your tom. The clips aren't super beefy but are easily replaced and so far mine have held up. I prefer an INDe suspension mounting bracket though which I have on a different set, but then I also prefer a bass drum mounted tom...