gear stolen from vehicles?

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score
Zip Jeters! said:
Any criminal worth his (or her) salt would steal the whole vehicle, equipment included.
unless it was a stick shift

jansara

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Chonson said:
Some years ago the bandleader I was playing with stopped at a convenience store on his way to the gig, and his gear was robbed while he was in the store for just a few minutes.

Adding a bit of tragic humor to it, they stole just the sharps/flats from his marimba, leaving the naturals behind.
"Alright, key of C, boys."
+1

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
Couple of years ago I had a 1966 Ludwigh 6 1/2" deep super-sensitive snare drum, which I bought from a fellow DFO brother, stolen from my car, which was parked in my driveway (up from the street some 40 feet away). The drum was in a hard plastic case which I also bought from another DFO brother. Along with it a bag full of drums sticks, brushes, mallets, drum keys, moongel, and even pliers and wrenches were also sntached by the bastard who dared to violate the santity of my castle. Oh, how I miss what bacame my favorite snare drum (now replaced by a recent vintage hand-hammered Ludwig super-sensitive Blackbeauty snare drum)!

-elcid