General Forum Question about Pictures

felis

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long 'attached' pictures stay visible? I've been trying to do some Ludwig research.
A lot of the posts talk about attached pics which no longer show up.
Granted, some of them are from years ago, but I'm wondering if there's a cutoff date for attached pics.
I know it's possible that some pics were stored somewhere else, and the links to them might have been removed.
Just running into a bit of frustration when people describe stuff and say to see it in the pics.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
You are most likely correct that links to external sites are no longer valid. We have also changed servers and software over the years, so I wouldn’t doubt that some files didn’t transfer.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If I recall correctly the DFO has an additional server for media. Therefore, if pictures have been uploaded directly to DFO then they should be continually available, without an 'expiration' date. If photos are hosted on another site and 'mirrored' to this site the the image may be lost for a variety of reasons. Some of the image hosting sites do not allow the direct linking/display of images into other sources such as this site, unless you pay a premium for that services. Additional reasons for loss of externally hosted images are the owners no longer make them available, or the hosting site changes servers (and address changes/links are affected).