George B. Stone 17" batter X 13" Snare / Tenor Drum

gkrk

Reaction score
For Sale: George B. Stone 13" X 17" Batter Head

Thin, one-ply shell with simple crack in shell at one lug/stud, repaired a long time ago (see photo). Single tension. One tension rod broken with rod thread seized/imbedded in hoop hook. Wooden hoops. Looks to have been a marching snare. Might make an interesting bass drum.

Asking $175 shipped. Local pick up really preferred. Willing to drive within 50 mile radius of Southern Vermont to meet/deliver.

Attachments

Last edited:

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
gkrk said:
For Sale: George B. Stone 13" X 17" Batter Head

Thin, one-ply shell with simple crack in shell at one lug/stud. Single tension. One tension rod broken with rod thread imbedded in hoop hook. Wooden hoops. Looks to have been a marching snare. Might make an interesting bass drum.

Asking $175. Local pick up really preferred. Willing to drive within 50 mile radius of Southern Vermont to deliver.
they make KILLER bass drums!!! i have a 30's leedy 17x12 tenor drum that we converted to a bass drum with one of my montineri kits... it's perfect! not as small as a 16, but still, not an 18!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I still have two 17" drums that I use as bass drums. Have had one other. Great size. 17" wooden hoops are hard to find!

gkrk

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Thanks for you thoughts. I just had the drum open and, while the single-tension hardware can be sort of
clunky to maneuver, it's really cool to look inside an old drum like this, see the label inside, and check out the details. And that's saying nothing of the exterior. Also, it has snare beds but the "throw off" is gone.

Jeremy

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
How many lugs? I think I count 12? Wonder if it would hold with only 6 for lower bass drum tuning? and last question how wide are the hoops, wide enough to use a bass drum pedal? Ok I need to walk away...don't need more drums :)

gkrk

Reaction score
Yes, 12 "lugs" though single-tension rods with stud posts.

Pearl Eliminator pedal attaches just fine. Hoops are 1 1/8" wide.

It's quite possible that you do need more drums, this one in particular!

Jeremy

gkrk

Reaction score
Bump. I tend to think it's worth the asking price. But then what seller doesn't.