George Fludas is Bonham 2.0 on drums

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Wow, I never knew he was a rocker. I saw him play at the Green Mill with the late, great Harold Mabern with Eric Alexander, and I hear more recent jazz recordings of his on our jazz radio's pick-up of Chi-town jazz radio.

Methinks he is in a tribute band - note the gong, the proper snare and kit.

PJD

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like that he plays physically like Bonham did from '75 on (my favorite era). Firing from a low position and not flailing around like a lot of guys trying to cop the Bonham vibe.

Porgie66

Reaction score
Hey all, thanks for the kind words! I just joined the Forum.

Here is something I did recently for the People's Front Of Zeppelin YouTube channel. It's our cover of Four Sticks , with a twist. I wanted to pay tribute to Joe Morello and Take Five because of the similarity in the 3-2 pattern of the 5/4.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score

Here is something I did recently for the People's Front Of Zeppelin YouTube channel. It's our cover of Four Sticks , with a twist. I wanted to pay tribute to Joe Morello and Take Five because of the similarity in the 3-2 pattern of the 5/4.

That was great George! I really love your videos as you really have the Bonham thing down. I think you do it so well because of the jazz background you have. I hate watching guys do Bonham that just thrash and flail away. Bonham could definitely be loud and powerful when needed but he also had a ton of finesse and a great light touch with his dynamics. The stuff that John does in the Royal Albert Hall footage from 1970 around the two minute mark just blew me away the first time I saw it. You do that stuff perfectly and have a few great videos on it. I still can't figure it out but those videos you posted are super helpful. Your drums and cymbals sound awesome too and I love all the jazz stuff.

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was 1000% delightful! Juxtaposing two masters like that so excellently.

Tip o’ the bowler, mate.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been following George since he 1st started showing up with the Bonzo stuff.
His memory is unbelievable! He can play (ex) MD from the 2nd night of the Seattle show from the 77 tour. He says he doesn't have a photographic memory, and maybe he doesn't, but he has the equivalent with Zep songs.
It really is incredible

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Dang! It's the first time I realize that this tune is ACTUALLY played with 4 sticks :blink: I sort of assumed the flam was some kind of delay/slapback trickery on the toms and the answer was there in the title the whole time, stupid me.... It couldn't have been any more obvious:violent1:
Anyway, good idea for a mash-up, greatly executed too!

Ludwig26

Reaction score
George,
Many&massive thanks for making&taking the effort, time, trouble to make&post the videos,
Adrian from "the land down under" Australia hope you&your family are well?,
Love, peace, respect to you always.