header.nohb.html

George Strait ACL with Bobby Jarzombek

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
For the George Strait/Bobby Jarzombek fans (okay probably not too many people like me that like metal and country :) ) not my videos. I would have loved to have gone but not much on the festival thing. We are getting a new indoor music venue next year the Moody Center and George and Willie are on opening night, maybe I'll get there, but then again I'll probably have a gig :) Bobby playing a nice looking red DW kit and Paiste (I believe he mostly uses Signatures)

george-strait-2.jpeg

Hemant

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw Bobby playing behind Sebastian Bach at The Whisky a Go Go in 2019. "Slave To The Grind" 30th Anniversary -- he was playing a huge wrap around Pearl double bass rig. A monster player - and so very cool to see him playing an entirely different genre.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
We came close to being able to open for George when he comes to Little Rock next year. Unfortunately didn't pan out, but I didn't figure it would. Nice kit being used and great drumming!

Freewill3

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being a longtime Fates Warning fan, I was quite surprised by this. Probably a better paycheck but it's quite the opposite/180 degrees from prog. Anyone hear about Bobby's replacement in Fates Warning? There is a new project/band called A-Z, with Ray Alder and Mark Zonder. That's what I've read recently.

Rick Jones1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the George Strait/Bobby Jarzombek fans (okay probably not too many people like me that like metal and country :) ) not my videos. I would have loved to have gone but not much on the festival thing. We are getting a new indoor music venue next year the Moody Center and George and Willie are on opening night, maybe I'll get there, but then again I'll probably have a gig :) Bobby playing a nice looking red DW kit and Paiste (I believe he mostly uses Signatures)

View attachment 522723

Thanks for posting this Chris.

Is Bobby triggering the side stick sound?

Also Bobby was on the Working Drummer Podcast talking about how he got the gig with George.

Rick

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Chris.

Is Bobby triggering the side stick sound?

Also Bobby was on the Working Drummer Podcast talking about how he got the gig with George.

Rick
Yes Bobby uses a Roland bar pad. Thanks for the video as well

KingLudwig

Reaction score
Being a longtime Fates Warning fan, I was quite surprised by this. Probably a better paycheck but it's quite the opposite/180 degrees from prog. Anyone hear about Bobby's replacement in Fates Warning? There is a new project/band called A-Z, with Ray Alder and Mark Zonder. That's what I've read recently.

I think Jim has put FW on hold for awhile. He just released his 2nd effort with " tuesday the sky." Your correct about Ray & Mark. That should be released in Spring 2022. Joey is back with Armored Saint who will released "Symbol Of Salvation LIVE" on Oct.22nd.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Bobby has been posting some nice photos on Facebook. Clearly enjoying his new gig!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-201107~2.png
    Screenshot_20211116-201107~2.png
    147 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20211116-201006.png
    Screenshot_20211116-201006.png
    485.3 KB · Views: 37
  • FB_IMG_1637115039557.jpg
    FB_IMG_1637115039557.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 38

ppfd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I listened to that podcast, Bob is such a down to earth guy.
Interesting set up. Being a big fan of Bobs. This is pretty much his standard set up. Last few years the second bass drum was for show, as he used a double pedal.
All that tape on the heads? Wonder why?

scole

Reaction score
I think Jim has put FW on hold for awhile. He just released his 2nd effort with " tuesday the sky." Your correct about Ray & Mark. That should be released in Spring 2022. Joey is back with Armored Saint who will released "Symbol Of Salvation LIVE" on Oct.22nd.

This is my understanding as well- FW is shelved for the foreseeable future, if not for good:

Jim Matheos Interview

A shame since they weren’t drawing what they deserved (saw them play in a crappy club here in Seattle for the Theories of Flight Tour) and their musical output has been consistently good.

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Monster player, good for him! Great gig for him, probably a lot more relaxed, less wear and tear on the body, can do it late into life, solid pay, etc.