GET BACK - New Trailer ... it's coming soooooon!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't think I will be able to sleep now until I have seen this new Beatles movie. The footage looks mesmerizing. Yeah, I am a HUGE Beatles fan...how on this earth could you possibly not be?

sonicD

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I saw the original movie back when it came out. Haven't seen it since. Sort of a dour affair as I remember it, so yeah, I'm looking forward to this new take on it.

One thing though - does anybody know what Disney's plans are for showing it? Is it a one time "event" broadcast, or is it gonna be on there for months? I just want to know if I need to set aside my Thanksgiving weekend for it, or maybe I can watch it whenever I want ... like in December.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the original movie back when it came out. Haven't seen it since. Sort of a dour affair as I remember it, so yeah, I'm looking forward to this new take on it.

One thing though - does anybody know what Disney's plans are for showing it? Is it a one time "event" broadcast, or is it gonna be on there for months? I just want to know if I need to set aside my Thanksgiving weekend for it, or maybe I can watch it whenever I want ... like in December.

Three “episodes” over three nights.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I will be able to sleep now until I have seen this new Beatles movie. The footage looks mesmerizing. Yeah, I am a HUGE Beatles fan...how on this earth could you possibly not be?
definitely a Beatle fan here but not to exclusion of Elvis, Bill Haley, Little Richard, all the string bass trio bands , the early R&B and Blues.. I think I heard all that (1956) before the Beatles. So when the black and white TV appearence of the Beatles I saw 4 Guys. All with the same haircut. the Same suit. the same Boots shoes. Playing four instruments.

You know the later with the French Horns and Trumpets ala Penny Lane lots' o ' credit may be due George Martin.
yes there were huge moments. Yes. help. Michelle. Strawberry but not to the exclusion or "blind eye' to the bands (drummers singers) I mentioned. kNow what I mean?

And then later on you have Billy Preston.
Which while most anyone can will and does agree with McCartney here below (in the cnn vid) the Beatles start was early R&b and country etc too, as with the Stones. And the Stones did some experimentation with Orchestra and forms ala Dandelion and 2000 Light Years from home.
Heck Beatles were doing blues as late as I Want You Abbey Road album..

Paul:

Last edited:

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am interested in watching this but I'm not paying Disney for yet another streaming service. Frustrating that this is the world we live in. I remember Zappa in his bio had an idea way back when, where you could pretty much purchase whatever you wanted to watch or listen to individually. That seemed to be where things were headed, and then we get to these exclusive channels. If it's in the theater I'll go. If not, I'll have to wait until I can purchase it physically because it's my understanding that Disney content isn't even available on Vudu or Prime.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
If you don’t like at least 4 of the Beatles top 10 hits , I question that you are even human .
When I took piano as a young man my teacher let me pic the songs I wanted to learn. I picked Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, Yesterday and get back. Would never admit to being a Beatles fan, but I guess they had an influence on me. :)

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
also add to thought in 1970 you had 4 guys 30,30,28 and 27 who in a relatively short time (62-70?) became multi-millionaires (+/-) add that to -you know- what that (would do) to a 30 year old. even today. (how did they each handle that etc..)

Houndog

DFO Master
Reaction score
When I took piano as a young man my teacher let me pic the songs I wanted to learn. I picked Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, Yesterday and get back. Would never admit to being a Beatles fan, but I guess they had an influence on me. :)
No Elton John ?????

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

sonicD

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Three “episodes” over three nights.
Right. That's the initial broadcast. What comes after that? Will it be on there for months, like most movies? Or is it a "watch it now or forget it" type thing? None of the Disney propaganda says anything one way or another.

The idea that I'm gonna be able to slip away to watch The Beatles on Thanksgiving Day - Ha! Tall order with my family! :roll:

We'll see ...

Last edited:

WLVN

Reaction score
This looks great! The original Let It Be movie was very dark. I will definitely buy on DVD when/if available.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Right. That's the initial broadcast. What comes after that? Will it be on there for months, like most movies? Or is it a "watch it now or forget it" type thing? None of the Disney propaganda says anything one way or another.

The idea that I'm gonna be able to slip away to watch The Beatles on Thanksgiving Day - Ha! Tall order with my family! :roll:

We'll see ...
Good question. An article I read says Disney acquired the worldwide streaming rights to the doc. The article didn;t say how long that window is for. Likely a couple of years at least.

The good news, is that sounds like Disney doesn't own it, Jackson does. Which mean not only should you expect it on Blu-ray and 4K in the near future, but it will likely come with a great archive of extras, outtakes, interviews and insights. That's a signature Jackson move and he's always put spectacular packages together. Look at what he did way back in the mid 90's with the laserdisc box set of the Frighteners.

I never had any real affinity for the Beatles, but I've always respected them. Given what seems to be an incredible amount of love and dedication that's been poured into this project, I hope it spurs me on to appreciate them more. It looks fascinating.

owr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything on Disney+ that wasn't on-demand streaming. I can't imagine they would do a live only viewing, and don't understand how they would handle "prime-time" in a global world. Also for those put-off by the subscription, it's $8 a month, aren't movie tickets substantially more these days? Subscribe for one month and re-watch all the Star Wars movies or whatever on the other 27 days. I don't see how this is a major issue.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything on Disney+ that wasn't on-demand streaming. I can't imagine they would do a live only viewing, and don't understand how they would handle "prime-time" in a global world. Also for those put-off by the subscription, it's $8 a month, aren't movie tickets substantially more these days? Subscribe for one month and re-watch all the Star Wars movies or whatever on the other 27 days. I don't see how this is a major issue.
For me, I happily pay for Disney+. I got it to watch Mandalorian. All else is bonus to me

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
The thing Disney excels at is emptying wallets. I’m not letting ‘em in mine.

It’s a major issue. Pay $8 to see Jackson turn the bummer that was “Let It Be” into some joyous Disney celebration of the world’s most popular band splintering apart. You can’t “Hakuna Matata” actual history!

• Haha

Talktotommy

Reaction score
Sure looks like it’s going to be really good and interesting. My god they could put out a documentary of them peeing backstage during the 65 tour and I’m sure lots of people would watch it. Probably me

• Haha