Get Back

m_anderson

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was very neat watching those songs come together.
Was that a pun? Good one!

I agree with all comments. I thoroughly enjoyed this. What I found particularly intriguing was Paul McCartney merely tinkering at the piano, while the others were off in conversation, playing what ultimately is the very genesis of Let It Be.

Last edited:

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
The Beatles are the very first band I can recall hearing at home - It is cool hearing these songs come to life and also hearing them play earlier material.
Ringo had to be very patient sitting back there while the other three put the music together.
And did you notice how consistently good he sounded whenever he was playing - constantly sneaking in to be supportive and then just as seamlessly ducking right back out - so that this or that could be discussed.

I was just watching the first half of part 1 - and found myself needing a break, just too long of a day or maybe just flashbacks of too many similar days spent in that mode.

I'm not at all saying everyone will like and enjoy it - but I think it is amazing that the general public is getting a chance to actually observe that process. It's still very condensed, but I think pretty un-precedented in giving a sense of the un-adorned procedure so much art goes through (in some form or another) before being presented to the world.

Very cool, I think.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Ahh, the Wonderful of DisneyBeatles®. Great to see so much positivity injected into the events that ended in their bitter breakup. Maybe there will be more episodes about the lawsuits, the “How Do You Sleep,” the “God Part II” and etc.

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have all the channels.Not sure what I bought to get Disney+ and Discovery … Maybe it was Mickey’s Search Party on Ice tickets?
No matter - sorry, but I don't think your patented irreverent cynicism is going to sway anyone from seeing how cool and unique this thing is - either because they actually watched it or are capable of grasping it for what it is.

In any case, save your snarky jabs for someone that cares... personally I had a great Thanksgiving, my family is healthy, I'm writing and recording a bunch of new music, and discovered that Peter Jackson had somehow pulled off getting Disney to pay a boatload of money for this version of this documentary footage that actually serves musicians 1000x more than any other demographic. I think that is a rare and special thing - and something I'm happy to add to my Thanksgiving gratefulness.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, but what you have to say about this I really couldn't care less about.

Happy Holidays....

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is all Peter Jackson working in concert with Apple Corps. Ltd. Disney only bought the rights to distribute the films. They didn't finance the production. That was all Jackson through his company Wingnut. He was incredibly deep into the process when Disney came in for their deal. It's the same as an independent drum maker bringing their gear to a trade show, and an internet retailer coming up to them and saying, "We want to be the exclusive online shopping hub for your product. You keep doing what you do and we'll be here only to make sure the public has access to your product." That means Jackson and Apple own the product and control the content. George Lucas did the same thing with 5 of 6 of his Star Wars films. 20th Century Fox was just a distribution arm getting a small cut of box office and home video revenue.

Jackson's a filmmaker of integrity and an incredible Beatles fan. This was a labor of love for him, same as the WWI documentary he did, "They Shall Not Grow Old". With these projects, he's also become a true historian. The tech he's developed for these documentaries has made is possible to preserve these important points in history for future generations. He's given these people voices.

I was never a Beatles fan. I respected them, but it never really spoke to me. They were also larger than life to me, with them all being at LEGEND status, by the time I was old enough to comprehend any of this. What's been great for me, is seeing these four dudes, who obviously love and respect each other come together to do the work they do while displaying an incredible amount of talent. It was great to see them interact and watch them as human beings.

Seeing them humanized that way is what touched me.

Last edited:

Polska

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of all these stations offering their own pay to view access so I don't subscribe to Disney+, but the first chance I get to rent this on Prime or Vudu, I will. Love that there was all this additional footage that was overlooked initially and that this gives the story a different perspective.

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seemed like Paul was the driving force by then .
Absolutely. Beatle historians have said, and I've read several accounts, that by the time they recorded Let It Be and Abbey Road, Paul was the glue trying to keep it together. John seemed to have lost interest.

I'm looking forward to digging into this later today. I have no doubt it's spectacular!

m_anderson

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ringo was as cool as they come. I loved what he was doing on the silly jam they played (with Yoko Ono) after George just up and left.

Last edited:

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a chuckle when they were talking about doing a live show in the ancient amphitheater in Africa and Paul tells the director that that option is out because Ringo is unwilling to make the trip...but then jokingly suggests maybe they take Jimmy Nichol.

Looking very forward to seeing the 2nd and 3rd parts.

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a chuckle when they were talking about doing a live show in the ancient amphitheater in Africa and Paul tells the director that that option is out because Ringo is unwilling to make the trip...but then jokingly suggests maybe they take Jimmy Nichol.

Looking very foreard to the 2nd and 3rd parts.
I found it interesting that Ringo wasn’t vetoed on that quickly …..Rather his decision was respected …