Get Back

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm watching "Phineas and Ferb" on Disney+ right now.
Good for you. But you wrote about the most viewed shows on Disney Channel - not Disney Plus - that's what he was pointing out... but then of course, there would then be a deflection to P&F being on both.

So answer Houndog's query... it appears snark is all there is...

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lefsetz is an idiot, and NO ONE should pay attention to him. Not just because he doesn't like the Beatles documentary

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Two Version Of I Me Mine Naked..

One hi hat start other Ride cymbal (sizzle) start. No one knows why

Hi Hat version:

Ride cymbal version:

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lefsetz is an idiot, and NO ONE should pay attention to him. Not just because he doesn't like the Beatles documentary

Well, somebody got hackles up. So we should obey? Sad all the crappy negativity on this thread.

Troyh

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
As many of you know, I'm a bit of a Fab fan.
After waiting decades, seeing and hearing this material is simply amazing, especially with Jackson's deft filmmaking capabilities.
There are many instances us Beatle geeks will discuss together, on podcasts and broadcasts, in print, etc., for months to come.

Troyh

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
A few notes:
1. In the very early days, Len/Mac, made a conscious decision to freeze George out of the writing team. Granted he wasn't up to snuff, writing wise, for a while, but he contributed mightily to many L&M songs. This came to a head during these sessions.
2. Lennon withdrawing from leadership, w/Macca taking up the slack, i.e. 'headmaster' role.
3. Brian dying. Suddenly, the dad/protector was gone.
4. Burn out/Inertia. The Beatles had come out less than 6 months earlier, and a double lp at that. They, understandably, were toast.

KevinD

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Disney tried to exert some control of the content.

The operative word there being "tried". Then they decided to just accept it as it was and take all the money from the new subscribers signing on just for this.

If I remember right this was originally going to be a theatrical release, pre-covid. Not sure how the 9 hour run time was going to work.

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was finally able to watch the first hour. Looks pretty good so far. The quality of the audio and video is surprisingly good.
One thing that impresses me is how Ringo can sit on that 60s era throne for so long without seeming to be uncomfortable.
Disney+ has lots of great content. The Cousteau documentary was great! I also really enjoyed The Mandalorian.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was finally able to watch the first hour. Looks pretty good so far. The quality of the audio and video is surprisingly good.
One thing that impresses me is how Ringo can sit on that 60s era throne for so long without seeming to be uncomfortable.
Disney+ has lots of great content. The Cousteau documentary was great! I also really enjoyed The Mandalorian.
That throne ran through my kind as well .

Whitten

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a Drum Forum, fitsy! You can't expect to have only your own opinion repeated back to you.

Yes, and people will disagree with your opinion. That's also OK.
We've had the bleak, more negative version of events (the original film) for 40+ years already. This is an attempt to show a more realistic version of what actually went down. You apparently have a problem with that, albeit you have NO IDEA what actually went down during the filming.
From my experience...
I was playing in an alt-rock band, everyone under 35. I got asked to jam one afternoon with Paul. I went into it thinking it was going to be Dad rock. He came in the room, strapped on a Les Paul and proceeded to let rip, screaming down the microphone etc. I had to check my prejudice at the door.
I spent a year in the studio making an album with him, and pretty much every day we were doubled over with laughter. Quite often he would just make up a song on the spot with crazy lyrics about some news event that had happened that day.
I can quite imagine with the intelligence and wit of both Lennon and McCartney, trying to outcompete each other, that the Let It Be sessions were filled with some crazy madness and a lot of laughter.
After three years with Paul I decided I needed to move on. Paul was pissed and I haven't spoken to him since. So it's not as if I'm posting at this forum because I owe him anything.
Go back to your cut and paste magazine articles. :headbang:

Whitten

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you say so.

Like it or not, it's a valuable historic document about four musicians, two of who are going to go down as two of the most important songwriters of the 20th Century.
Just based on the fact their music lives on, will live on and has been covered by jazz artists to heavy metal guitarists.
If that disinterest you it's your loss.