Get Back

old_K_ride

DFO Master
Reaction score
one thing I found to be uncool with the original production crew was the "planting" ( no pun intended) of a hidden microphone in a potted plant in a room to record private conversations between Paul and John with...

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching part 2 tonight......don't spoil it for me!:)

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw Part 2 last night and found it fascinating.... I found there was a great interplay between John and Paul but I observed that they were respectful of George's opinions on what to do on songs.

Secondly, in my opinion, the loss of Brian Epstein shines brightly when Paul makes a comment that alludes to an idea that they needed someone to keep them in line and working together...

Thirdly, I loved to see Billy Preston and how his improvisation which fit the songs and his and the Beatles connection with Little Richard from 1962.

Lastly, it was interesting how they played (with tongue-in-cheek) their "old songs" namely A taste of honey, I feel fine and Help..... plus references to other songs including such Motown hits as Shout and Reach out, I'll be there..... you can see that they are still being influenced by American rock 'n roll.

Looking forward to part 3.....

HalldorL

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’ve never been a Beatles fan per se although I appreciate and understand their role and importance in modern pop/rock music. This series won’t change that.

I just finished part three and I loved it! Kinda felt like hanging with them for all those hours. Wonderful to get this insight.
I was really impressed with the quality of the production.

Obiwandrumobe

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Seems that a lot of the footage from when they must have gotten down to serious rehearsing for the rooftop concert is absent. Otherwise, how did they go up there and pull that off what with all that f*ckery going on for 2+ weeks.

piccupstix

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Seems that a lot of the footage from when they must have gotten down to serious rehearsing for the rooftop concert is absent. Otherwise, how did they go up there and pull that off what with all that f*ckery going on for 2+ weeks.
Peter Jackson had to edit from about 56 hours of footage so quite a bit had to be cut, possibly including some of which you reference. I've heard from different sources that there could be an "editor's cut" or "director's cut" somewhere down the line. Maybe...

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAhahaha I thought the same thing …

davidh

Reaction score
What I liked was the way Ringo turned up always on time no fuss, sits around with infinite patience then drops in this killer tasteful stuff at just the right point as the song develops - this comes over in a very loving way, you really get his pleasure. Also the way Glen Johns appears in ever more exotic outfits looking increasingly stoned as it goes on. Could watch this all Day. My mum who would be 100 loved this last record.