header.nohb.html

Getting too old for this....maybe

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interesting week coming after an empty one last week (except for driving 90 miles on Saturday to play Dixieland for an hour - worth the effort)>
Tonight (Monday) rehearsal with my rock band. We have a gig in 11 days and our male lead singer is iffy, with possibly serious health issues, so we'll be working on stuff our female can do.
Tuesday will feature a short rehearsal with a pickup quartet (sax, bass, guitar, drums) for a gig Saturday. All good players, so it won't take long.
Wednesday regular rehearsal with my sax/bass/keys/drums jazz quartet.
Friday gig with my regular guitar/bass/drums jazz trio.
Saturday gig at the same venue with the aforementioned quartet.
Sunday brunch gig with the regular trio.

At least I'm off on Thursday, and the rehearsals are all here, so no packing and moving involved there. I turned 75 10 days ago. Good thing I don't have a day job.

Attachments

• 20220916_162027[1].jpg
    20220916_162027[1].jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 172

Skyrm

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep on rollin'!! I hope to be playing more when I finally get to retire. We'll see.

And I LOVE the shirt.

DrBoom

Reaction score
That's inspiring. I'm 54, I hope to be doing that at your age. Sounds like good times with good friends.

DBT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I hope I have you’re energy , enthusiasm and look as good as you at 71 . Keep on Truck’in .

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your kickin' it man, way to go, I admire you! Have a great week and rock that shirt!!!

WesChilton

Reaction score
Hey keeping busy and active is GREAT for a long life! Good on ya!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya! I'm 68 and I carry all the gear (PA and lights at least). These two gig weekends beats me up...Yesterday I was useless to the world.

audiochurch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting week coming after an empty one last week (except for driving 90 miles on Saturday to play Dixieland for an hour - worth the effort)>
Tonight (Monday) rehearsal with my rock band. We have a gig in 11 days and our male lead singer is iffy, with possibly serious health issues, so we'll be working on stuff our female can do.
Tuesday will feature a short rehearsal with a pickup quartet (sax, bass, guitar, drums) for a gig Saturday. All good players, so it won't take long.
Wednesday regular rehearsal with my sax/bass/keys/drums jazz quartet.
Friday gig with my regular guitar/bass/drums jazz trio.
Saturday gig at the same venue with the aforementioned quartet.
Sunday brunch gig with the regular trio.

At least I'm off on Thursday, and the rehearsals are all here, so no packing and moving involved there. I turned 75 10 days ago. Good thing I don't have a day job.
Sounds like a GREAT retirement schedule!! Keep at it. My bass player in my rock band, The Shaykz, is 72 amd ROCKS every gig.

Blue Zurich

Reaction score
If you want something done, give it to a busy person

.....now where did I hear that?

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great to hear, Paul. I am older and the Friday and Sat gigs this week with two different trios are enough for me.

gryphon

?????!
Reaction score
So good to hear of another geezer living the dream.

I'm 74 now and still doing a gig every now and then. Still riding my motorcycles and have my Captain's license driving a bum boat for a yacht club.

The yacht rock band I'm playing with now is pretty good about cutting me some slack and letting me change the drum parts a little on the more up tempo tunes. Summer gigs are especially nice, playing outside in the warm breeze and noise ordinances that require music to end by 10.