header.nohb.html

Getting too old for this....maybe

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya! I'm 68 and I carry all the gear (PA and lights at least). These two gig weekends beats me up...Yesterday I was useless to the world.
We had a three gig weekend with my trio recently, and I have one coming up. Hardest part will be getting to sleep Saturday night before getting up relatively early on Sunday. I'm pretty used to it, though. Sunday night I'll be toast, but Monday have another rehearsal. Our rock band has a gig on the 7th, and our male lead singer is out with heart failure, so we're scrambling to add some songs for our female lead, and hand some of Terry's stuff to other singers in the band.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
My whole summer felt like this AND I am still doing the day job. I'm only 51 but I hope to be feeling this good when I am older. Thanks for the inspiration.

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My brother once told me that it’s better to wear out than to rust out. Age is a number and it’s clear that your activities are keeping you young - keep on rockin!!

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Interesting week coming after an empty one last week (except for driving 90 miles on Saturday to play Dixieland for an hour - worth the effort)>
Tonight (Monday) rehearsal with my rock band. We have a gig in 11 days and our male lead singer is iffy, with possibly serious health issues, so we'll be working on stuff our female can do.
Tuesday will feature a short rehearsal with a pickup quartet (sax, bass, guitar, drums) for a gig Saturday. All good players, so it won't take long.
Wednesday regular rehearsal with my sax/bass/keys/drums jazz quartet.
Friday gig with my regular guitar/bass/drums jazz trio.
Saturday gig at the same venue with the aforementioned quartet.
Sunday brunch gig with the regular trio.

At least I'm off on Thursday, and the rehearsals are all here, so no packing and moving involved there. I turned 75 10 days ago. Good thing I don't have a day job.
Sheesh Paul!
I need to take a break just reading that!
You must be dam good to be that busy.
Too old? Nah! You're as young as you feel.
I hope your singer pulls through. That's a tough one.