Giant logos on drumheads

drumfx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Remo and other brand logos are getting bigger and bigger. Bass drum logos are personal so that is not what i want to point out. I have been playing drums for 40 yrs+ now and logos never really bothered me (even if i am somewhat of the "anti-branding" kind) as they were discreet but nowadays every drum head looks like a HWY billboard. I have been buying their products for a long time but now the first thing i do when i get new heads, is to remove the logo entirely.

Last edited:

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
At the end of any gig, a survey of the audience would show few who remember what was on the bass drum head ... it doesn't bother me ...
66950950_2422848307949540_2904331579331444736_n.jpeg

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I once suggested to Ludwig (trough a local distributor) that they should make a front head with a very(!) large keystone badge printed on it.
This would make it possible to cut a vent hole in the place of the vent hole in the "badge".
Would work for blue olive badge too, I think.
Maybe I should try this out with my local printshop...

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Each to his own. Who sees snare and tom heads other than you ? Maybe the Taiwanese made Remo heads have those large logos. Not sure because I use Evans .....

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m with pwc1141 on this one. The Remo logos don’t bother me on tom and snare heads.

I usually don't look at my heads while playing. If I’m rehearsing with other musicians or playing a show, I’m either entranced if it’s going well, or absorbed if it’s a new piece, or nearly panicked if the band’s over the speed limit and we’re about to tear out some guard rail.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I just wish the vintage Emps would follow suit with the vint Ambies' logo. I really like the Amb Classic logo too.

eawnrr8cixzk1kivefey.jpg remo-classic-fit-drumheads-match-your-vintage-drums-13466-3-20170203234237.jpg

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You can remove the logos with probably goo gone or maybe mineral spirits or something as such. And some elbow grease.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You can remove the logos with probably goo gone or maybe mineral spirits or something as such. And some elbow grease.
Try that with coated heads. Been there done that. Didn’t work and got a black “smooch” on that spot.

It is true logo’s have gotten bigger and bigger indeed over the years.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Try that with coated heads. Been there done that. Didn’t work and got a black “smooch” on that spot.

It is true logo’s have gotten bigger and bigger indeed over the years.
I know there was a thread here recently or over on DWorld, about this exact situation. I can't remember the cleaner used, but someone posted up that they personally had very good luck with removing them. Of course, the cleaner, the head manufacturer, age, all have an impact. I have NOT personally done this.

drumfx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know there was a thread here recently or over on DWorld, about this exact situation. I can't remember the cleaner used, but someone posted up that they personally had very good luck with removing them. Of course, the cleaner, the head manufacturer, age, all have an impact. I have NOT personally done this.
Pretty soon that is what they are going to look like. Nail polish remover on a white cotton rag works. Do not attempt with a colored rag.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pretty soon that is what they are going to look like. Nail polish remover on a white cotton rag works. Do not attempt with a colored rag.

I really hope not! LOL that's crazy

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The large Remo logos are always a problem, because I know there's a crappy sounding head underneath. :p

Browny

Reaction score
The Weatherking Classic logos are great. They're not small at 46x34mm, but the line weight is light so they're not visually imposing.

I feel like the 'normal' Remo logo and Aquarian are fairly similar in the same way while Evans stand out the most with their super thick, block line weight.

1585863812696.png

Latest posts