Gibraltar mic mount SC-BDHMM

ncdrumr

Reaction score
This looks pretty neat, but: Am I crazy, or is the curvature of the clamp part exactly the reverse of what it should be? Should it not follow the shape of the hoop? :?

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You don't really need continuous contact between hoop and clamp, and trying to match curvature would require different clamps for different size drums. I like the design, and am glad to see this. I might buy one myself. Losing the small floor boom would save some weight in my mic bag.

ncdrumr

Reaction score
You don't really need continuous contact between hoop and clamp, and trying to match curvature would require different clamps for different size drums. I like the design, and am glad to see this. I might buy one myself. Losing the small floor boom would save some weight in my mic bag.

Well sure--if it works, it works. :D It just looks kinda counter-intuitive. The price is right for sure.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I can just see that gooseneck slowly falling after a few songs. They were putting that mic up so gingerly so the gooseneck wouldn't move. You could avoid that by hanging the mic down from the top of the hoop.

Maybe the curvature is so there's less contact points on the hoop for less muffling? No idea really.

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I use similar goosenecks on my drums. They're pretty stiff, and don't move unless you move them yourself. They're also really easy to adjust so the mic is positioned perfectly.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
For a while I used a gooseneck for my vocal mic and it was fine for that lighter-weight mic, but it could have been a problem for a D-112 or Beta 52. I'm sure Gibraltar R&D'ed it so it won't have that problem. It just looked like it in the video.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This looks pretty neat, but: Am I crazy, or is the curvature of the clamp part exactly the reverse of what it should be? Should it not follow the shape of the hoop? :?

I think you're right. Or not. The engineer part of my brain (very small) can make a case for either option. I wonder if there was some miscommunication between the designer and the manufacturer? Hmmmmm . . . . . .

GeeDeeEmm