Gig in Bettendorf Iowa

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
library2b.jpg

Anyone in and around the Quad Cities (Illinois/Iowa) area my band, Atomic Blender, is playing at the Bettendorf Public Library this Thursday (June 23, 2022) from 6:30-8 pm. It's free.
We'll be playing 60's rock....somewhat hopped up.

Last edited:

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
I lived in Bettendorf for 4 1/2 years...what a great community and a lovely place to live. Too bad I'm not there because I would definitely come up to see you.

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just in Davenport buying some coolazz drums from @Piggpenn - his 'hood! I dug the art museum, botanical gardens, etc., in Rock Island, D'port, but I missed the Karpeles Manuscript Library in Moline, right by a phenomenal B & B I stayed in. A fair amount of stuff to do around there, though not as much music as you'd expect. (That's where you come in, KO). In fact, I stumbled across a fine band from Kansas City in East Davenport, which has kind of a Gloucester, Mass. vibe, playing a post- Cinco de Mayo gig: Mexican fellows and they were tearing UP the 70's funk and R&B, great 3-part harmony, drummer sang his off. When they got to the huge Santana medley, they were out for blood and, yes, that included Soul Sacrifice. They are called Stranded in the City. Excellent percussionist as well. So it seems that the good music there is imported...so they're bringing you in, KO!

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was just in Davenport buying some coolazz drums from @Piggpenn - his 'hood! I dug the art museum, botanical gardens, etc., in Rock Island, D'port, but I missed the Karpeles Manuscript Library in Moline, right by a phenomenal B & B I stayed in. A fair amount of stuff to do around there, though not as much music as you'd expect. (That's where you come in, KO). In fact, I stumbled across a fine band from Kansas City in East Davenport, which has kind of a Gloucester, Mass. vibe, playing a post- Cinco de Mayo gig: Mexican fellows and they were tearing UP the 70's funk and R&B, great 3-part harmony, drummer sang his off. When they got to the huge Santana medley, they were out for blood and, yes, that included Soul Sacrifice. They are called Stranded in the City. Excellent percussionist as well. So it seems that the good music there is imported...so they're bringing you in, KO!
You gotta know where to go. There’s always music in the quad cities. Ribco, rascals. Next time you’re in town the area google live music around the quad cities the music scene is very much alive up there.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the setup from that gig and a sample of the performance.

20220623_201622.jpg